XII. a frozen heart

Chapter Status: Edited. 

The streets are quiet, the air filled with so much tension that it makes them uncomfortable. Tahlia stays silent and watches them approach, flashbacks of their last meeting fill her mind, yet she continues to stand confidently.

"What is it this time? Do you want me to actually kill you think time?" Jadis taunts, making Jack smirk beside her.

It's now that Tahlia notices how cold their eyes are, as though they live with no soul, no compassion, no heart.

"I just want to talk, no magic, no violence," Tahlia says, raising her hands slightly.

Jadis rolls her eyes, "put your arms down, you look like a child."

Tahlia holds back her anger as she puts her arms back down to her sides.

"What do you want to chat about? The sudden weather change? Because I-"

Tahlia's words stop Jadis mid-sentence, "I want to talk about Prince Black."

Jadis grinds her teeth together, rage filling her.

"I heard what his death did to you, but this is not what he would have wanted, it's normal to be angry and upset after your husband, the father of your child, dies but-".

"ENOUGH!" Jadis shouts, "do you know what it's like to lose someone you love?" she growls, stepping forward.

"Mother!" Izzy tries.

"Silence Isabelle!" Jadis growls, turning to glare at her daughter.

Izzy shakes in fear, having never seen this side of her mother. She barely recognises her.

"Do you?" Jadis asks again, turning back to face Tahlia.

"Never in death," Tahlia says softly.

But she has, Max, but she would never admit that. She does not want Jadis to find any of Tahlia's weaknesses, knowing very well that Jadis will use them against her. But what Tahlia does not see is Jadis quickly look at the people behind her, but more specifically, Anna.

"Well, you're about to find out," Jadis smirks.

She raises her arm, and before Tahlia can react, she shoots a strong ray of ice right towards Anna. It stabs her in the stomach, but she does not scream or cry, too shocked to move.

Tahlia's eyes widen, "Anna!" she shouts.

Anna drops to the floor, her arms wrapped around her stomach. Henry and Emma watch as Tahlia tries to keep Anna awake, but Jadis' magic is too strong.

"You evil bitch," Regina hisses.

"Takes one to know one," Jadis laughs.

"Don't you feel any remorse? You know exactly what it feels like to lose the person you love, why make someone else feel that pain?" Emma asks.

"Because I want them to suffer like I did, I want them to feel my pain!" Jadis shouts.

For a moment, Tahlia could have sworn she could see tears in her eyes.

"Mother, please, stop this!" Izzy begs, stepping forward.

Jadis turns to look at her, "are you on their side?" Jadis asks, her voice quiet, yet filled with venom. "I'm your mother-"

"No, you're not!" Izzy yells, "my mother would never hurt someone else because she was mad. My mother had compassion, she loved me!" Izzy snaps, a tear falling down her cheek.