Chapter 2: Landon

I stand in a meadow of white daisies. The sky is clear with little to no clouds. The sun shines down upon the meadow, casting it in a warm shiny white glow. The meadow is surrounded by tall oak trees, its branches dancing in the wind and freshly fallen leaves twirls and whirls in the spring like air. I can hear birds chirping and the calls of wild animals. I turn slowly in a circle, taking it all in. I inhale the sweet scent of flowers and the non pollutant air

When I stop, I look up at the sky and see the birds that I heard earlier flying, soaring, being free. I follow their flight path until they were gone from sight.

The To be in this place forever. This would be my Elysium. In the corner of my eye something flashes. I immediately look towards the direction and stumble back in shock. For the thing that I saw, had moved closer than I expected and is right in front of me, but also because it..... It.... No.... She should be dead.

The girl has dark green eyes that holds mischief and mirth within them. She has short brown hair with blonde highlights. Freckles splays across her nose and onto both cheeks. She has a smile on her face, one that is both teasing and caring at the same time. She wears a knee length white dress and a black wristband on her left wrist. The one I had given her all those years ago. I knew who is, or rather, was. She was my first love. She was my everything. She was my light. The one who kept me sane. I hurry to stand up.

"Kyra..." I whisper, hoping that this is real. Hoping, beyond hope that what I'm seeing is not part of a dream.

She only smiles teasingly at me.

A lump forms in my throat as I see her. Because I knew. I know. What happened. "I'm sorry." I say. "This is all my fault. If.. If Only.... I was quicker than you... You wouldn't be-"

She places a finger on my lips, silencing me. She only smiles sadly at me before turning away, walking at a brisk pace.

"WAIT!" I call out to her. "Don't leave me!" I start to run after her, outstretching my arms towards her, hoping that it could reach her before I could make it to her. "Come back!"

As I am running I fall over as something latches onto my ankle. When I hit the ground I roll onto my back, looking to see what had grabbed me. Only to see a bloody hand that is missing two fingers.

I'm speechless. What is this? I wonder. By before I could think on it anymore another hand raises up from the ground and grabs my arm.

"You shall pay for your sins." A voice that sounds like a million voices talking at once, in perfect sync, utters.

I don't know when it happened, but the scenery around me has changed. The sky had turned gray with storm clouds. The white flowers turned into the color of blood. The wind picked up to hurricane speeds, buffeting me left to right. The trees are leafless and the branches are falling, dead where they land. Black snow falls from the sky and numerous of hands were popping out of the ground. At the end of the meadow, from where she was walking to, she had stopped and faced me. Just standing there, watching.

"Landon!!" I hear a disembodied voice yell across the meadow.

"You killed us!!" Another one yells.

"You could have saved us!!"

I quickly yank my arm away from the hand and hastily sit up. I try to run towards her, somehow knowing if I can make it towards her, I'll be safe. Then we can be together once again.

"You think you deserve happiness?" It asks, laughing humorlessly. "No, Landon Ambrosius, you deserve torture. You deserve pain. You deserve nothing. NOTHING!!!"