Chapter 3: Dylan

"Corbin, I swear when I see you, I am going to drop kick you so hard..." I mutter under my breath, shuffling the girl on my back into a more comfortable position.

Carrying her on my back is a total drag. That freaking fight with that cyclops was so exhausting. Let's not forget the previous four muggings that I had to stop from happening. I just, seriously, wanna pass out right now from exhaustion, but I suck it up and did my part of the job. Even though, it's technically my lazy friend's, Corbin Martel's, shift. The jerk had somehow, talked me into it. I hate children of Aphrodite. I think. Always making me do the heavy lifting. I only sigh in annoyance.

The "job" that I'm talking about is one that me and Corbin have been doing ever since the Fourth Great Greco-Roman War. Why? Well, death comes for us all and that's something we can't stop. However, we can prolong the lives of others for as long as we are able to. That's the reason why we started going into this hero business, to make sure people are able to enjoy the gift of life they have been given before their time is up. A lesson that we (me and my friends) had learned the hard way during that war. Moving on to less depressing thoughts. So, yeah, you're looking at the Justice Duo (the Justice League and the Avengers were already taken).

We fight crime and monsters, helping the mortals and the clueless demigods or legacies. So we're pretty popular, but me and Corbin know to not show our faces. Hence why we bought some ninja outfits (what's cooler than a ninja suit?). We're like, awesome real life vigilantes which in my opinion is pretty cool.

I hear a groan behind me and a bit of shuffling. Well looks like little miss sunshine's awake. "Ugh. Wha haffen?" She mumbles, still half unconscious from my chop to the back of her neck. Girl was flipping out.

"Oh, nothing much really." I say nonchalantly. "Just a little cyclops attack."

"Oh.. Ok." She says sleepily. We continued walking in silence for a few more seconds before what I said sunk into her brain. "Wait, WHAT!" She screams in my ear.

"Aye, watch it, Banshee. You're gonna blow my eardrums." I say, a little annoyed.

I can feel her glare burning a hole in the back of my head. "My name isn't Banshee, Stupid. It's Gwen."

I roll my eyes. "And my name isn't Stupid. It's Dylan." I retort.

"Well, Dylan." Oh the venom in her voice. "Can you put me down? I can walk you know."

"Sure." I put her down gently and she hops off my back. I turn around to face her. "So, what? Are you gonna take off running now?" I ask amused.

Her cheeks flushed a bit. "N-no." She nervously says, as if being caught.

"Yeah, don't lie to me. My grandfather is a God of Truth. I know how to spot a lie."

She looks at me as if I'm crazy. "Wait? A god? As in there's more? Wait?" She shakes her head. "You're the grandson of God?" She now looks as if she might bolt on me.

I sigh. "Look, as of right now, it's dangerous of you to be out at night and we're already halfway to my and my friend's place. So just crash there tonight then tomorrow you'll go home."

She looks uncertain as to take my suggestion and I could understand. If I had gotten attacked by a monster, I would have been a little skeptic, too. Especially, if the person that saved you knocked you out, but, to be honest, after the whole fiasco with the recent events, I'm a little irritable. "Look, I had a long night. And plus I just saved your life. If we can just hurry this along that would be great."

She glares at me. "Would it kill you to be a little nice.?" She asks, but nonetheless walks pass me, in the direction I was going.

"You do know that you have no clue where I'm taking you. Right?"