Chapter 5: Tiffany

"​Will you be quiet." I hiss at the jerk next to me, Lanny Vanskike, a Puerto Rican kid with short black hair, spiked up in the front, and brown eyes. He was talking to the girl beside him, Holly Carter a blonde haired, green eyes Sophomore, who was giggling silently at whatever he was saying.

Lanny looks at me, with that idiotic grin of his that reminds me of a certain brown haired and eyed boy who is just as bad as he is. "Hey, Tiffany Argyris." he says, completely forgetting the girl beside him, causing the girl to pout and glare at me as if it was my fault that he chose to talk to me. "The school's most prettiest girl. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

I turn back around. "How about shutting your trap." I whisper. "Some of us are actually here to learn." And to add more insult I say. "Strange concept, I know."

I can practically feel the smugness radiating off of him in waves. "Ahh, there's the little goody goody attitude I've heard about. Well you know. I can also teach you a few things." He chuckles, quietly.

"I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure, my boyfriend can teach me a lot more than you can." I quietly say, sweetly.

"Sure, whatever. This "boyfriend" of yours? I can't help, but think that he's not real. I mean, you always talk about him and yet no one ever heard nor seen him."

"Oh he's really, real." I nod my head slightly, agreeing with myself. "And if you're not careful, then, I can't guarantee your safety."

He rolls his eyes. "Oh please." He waves it off. "I know judo."

And he's been in a war. "He knows six forms of combat including knowing how to disarm an armed person and how to wield one properly."

"Yeah. Sure he does." He says, skepticism evident in his voice.

I sigh. "I warned you."

"Oh yeah?" He says. "How much you wanna bet on this? If I can beat your boyfriend, then I'll become your new boyfriend."

"And if he wins?" I ask, wanting to know what the stakes were.

"I'll leave you alone forever."

Sorry Kevin, but I really don't like this kid, at all. Please don't be mad at me. "Deal." I say.

"Then you might wanna call him and tell him to meet me at Richards Park at 4:00 o'clock. We'll settle it there. And you'll become mine." He pauses as he moves in and whispers in my ear. "And I'm gonna enjoy every minute of It."

It takes all I have not to take this pencil and stab it into his jugular. My battle instincts telling me to turn around and twist his neck. But I don't. I just sit and smile smugly. He does not know what he just signed up for.

"Hey sweetie." Kevin says from his end of the phone.

"Hey Hun." I respond, sweetly. "How are you?"

It's lunchtime at Lancaster Academy and the whole school is buzzing about the fight between Kevin and Lanny. People were questioning me left and right about him, until Victoria had told them all to buzz off much to my relief. People can get so annoying at the first sign of violence.

Me and her are sitting outside, under the big oak tree in the middle of the courtyard at the school, eating our lunch when I had decided to call Kevin and tell him about what I had did.

"Aww you know, the usual." He says nonchalantly. "A little working out here and there and interacting with the people in the town to keep my social abilities up."

"Haha, fun." I say , giggling, as I imagine Kevin's imposing frame standing over a small kid and talking to him.

"Yeah, no." He laughs. "Not really. So guess what?"

"I heard from Dylan the other day."

"Really!?" I say, surprised by that. "Last time I talked to him was at least..." I pause, thinking about the last time I had heard from my blonde haired friend. "Six days ago."

"Yeah, well. He's had his plate full."

"Corbin?" I deadpan.

"Corbin." He agrees.

"Of course. I swear, that kid, sometimes...." I sigh. "So what did you guys talk about?"

"Ah, nothing much really. Just a little bit of catching up."

"Yeap. Nothing much going on, on my end. So, what's been up with you." He asks, which brings me back to what I had to tell him.

"Ok, so.. Please don't be mad at me. But..." I hesitate wondering if this was the best idea. "Well.... I kinda betted our relationship."

There was a pause, then, "what??!" He exclaims.

"Ok, ok I know. Just hear me out, please."

"Alright." He says. "Fine."

"Well you remember Lanny, right?"

"Puerto Rican jock who messes with more women than a Aphrodite's child?"

I nod, even though he can't see me. "That's the one... Well he was talking to this girl in Economics class and I was trying to pay attention but the whispering and the giggling really peeved me off, so I told him to be quiet. After that, he started to really annoy me and when I mentioned you." My face heats up as I remember exactly what I had said. "Um, yeah... So then he said that he questioned whether you actually exist and it got me real mad and he had also said that he can beat you up and I just couldn't take it anymore... So I told him that he couldn't beat you and that you'd beat him ya landslide. That's when he made the wager."

"And that's also when you had betted our relationship, right?" When I say nothing he continues with a sigh. "So, basically, if I win he leaves you alone. He wins, he gets to be your boyfriend. That's right, isn't it?"

"Yeah..." I say meekly, now that I'm actually faced with telling him about it, it makes me feel bad. "I'm sorry Kev. It's just. He's been annoying the heck out of me for the past-"

"Hey, it's ok sweetheart." He says placating me. "I get it. When do you need me to come over?"

I smile, it's just one of the things I love about him. He's so understanding about things and doesn't really get mad unless it's really serious. Just like... I shake my head. Don't bring that up. "Around 4 o'clock. Is that ok?"

He chuckles. "Well, not like I have anything better to do."

"YAY!" I exclaim, causing multiple look at me weirdly.

"Hehe, my bad." I say sheepishly. They all just went back to doing there

"Well, hey, I gotta go." Kevin says. "I'll see you later babe."

"Ok." I say. "Thank you again. And sorry for dragging you in this." I add the last part, showing him how much I truly am sorry about what I had done.

"It's alright Tiff. Well, see ya."

"You too." And with that the call ends.

We sit in a comfortable silence until Victoria breaks it. "So, Tiffany." Victoria says. "Is this thing for real? Are you really going to make Kevin fight?"

I sigh. "I don't want him to, but either way, he had to come down here for

She gives me a puzzled look. "What do you mean by that? What two reasons?"

"First, because I wanted him to come down here for Christmas next week. I just wanted to spend extra time with him."

Victoria rolls her eyes, smiling. "A bit sappy, but that's so adorable." She says. "Ok, so what's the other reason?"

I look down, my happy mood turning a full 360. "It's almost time." I say.

Victoria, too, had a crestfallen look on her face. "That's right... I forgot..." She sighs. "I still can't believe that it's been that long."

I nod to her and we continue our lunch, a melancholy mood casted upon The rest of the school day was miserable. And my sad look never did leave my face. And my hand kept straying towards the long scar on my chest.

Please be there.