Chapter 9: Tiffany

"You ready?"

"Yeah." I say, placing my hands over my ears.

Victoria looks down at Kevin and kneels down. She grabs him by the nose and re breaks it back into place.

Kevin yells in pain, getting up and grabbing his nose. "What was that for?"

"I had to pop it back in place and stop the bleeding or else it was going to misshapen for the rest of your life." Victoria says as she gets up on her feet and wipes Kevin's blood off in the grass.

I put my hands down and sigh loudly.

"Why would you let her do that?" Kevin asks, still holding his nose but getting on his feet.

"She said she had to. I don't think you want a broken nose for the rest of your days." I say, making him move his hand to see the damage.

His nose was dripping blood and the two fingers on his right hand were very badly misshapen. He was leaning over and holding his mid region.

"You probably have a concussion." Victoria says as she walks back over to us. She looks into his good eye and snaps in his ear. He flinched. "Good. Take it easy for the time being as to not make it worse."

"Come on, let's go back to the house and get you cleaned up." I speak up and pull Kevin's arm around me as we all walk down the road.

"How do you know all of this medical stuff?" Kevin asks Victoria.

"My dad was a doctor when he was still alive and he taught me some stuff. Plus, I asked Dylan to teach me a little bit more after the...Incident." She says, a calm but serious tone in her voice.

"Well, that makes sense." Kevin whispers, the mood completely changed for a minute ago.

"We should probably leave now." I suggest as we enter the house. The house is a two story log cabin with two large porches and a balcony. Lights hang down and show the windows and the stoned walls on the first floor. The stone chimney visible from the top of the cabin and a small owl screeches from a tree nearby. Kevin left his bags here since he was riding with us so I grab them and start walking out to the car in the driveway

"Kevin, you should sit down. I will pack the bags in the car and then we can go. Victoria, can you watch him? He can't fall asleep." I say as I pass them on the way to the car.

She nods and guide Kevin inside. I quickly pack the other bags in the car and we were off.

XXX

The trip to Chicago is a quiet one.

None of us says a word. The only thing we hear is the sound of the radio playing a piece of music unfamiliar to all of us. Every now and then I'd find myself glancing over at Kevin, who is sitting in the passenger beside me. A scowl on his face and two broken fingers, along with a bandage across his nose, a black eye, and a lump on his right temple.

Apparently right after Kevin had dropped me off, Kevin was attacked by a Demi-Titan. He didn't catch his name, but Kevin knows that he is a Son of Atlas. The information hit us pretty hard. There were actual Demi-Titans alive right now? And they are hell bent on overthrowing the gods. If Kevin had won the fight, I would've found it laughable. But, considering that Kevin lost. The situation is deadly. And that's not the only thing that is.

The kid knew us.

He knew who Kevin was and knew who the rest of us were if what he implied was anything to go by. Though, I can see how he can single us out as a dangerous group. We were the only ones in the war that actually made names for ourselves for our so called "accomplishments".