Chapter 8: Kevin

"This him?" I ask seriously, looking at the Lanny kid up and down. "This is the kid that's been bothering you?"

She frowns, her silver eyes scrunching a bit.. "Yes.... I know, I know. But... I don't feel like going to jail or juvenile detention because of him."

I size this Lanny kid up. He stands at around my shoulder. His frame isn't as well developed as mine, but it does show signs of working out. He wears a black sleeveless jacket with white cargo shorts. He begins jumping up and down and shaking his hands. He cracks his neck, readying for the fight.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "You do know that you have no chance? Right?"

Lanny smirks. "You know what they say; the bigger they are, the harder they fall."

I just shake my head, well if he ends up in a hospital... It won't be my fault, exactly. He's practically begging for it. I sigh. "Let's just get this over with."

The clock struck four in the distance and the boy charges, a victorious smirk on his face. I hate guys like him.

Time for some fun. I think.

XXX

"Well that was a waste of time." I say, walking hand in hand with Tiffany to her and Victoria's house.

"I know right." She says, flipping her hair to the right. "I had at least thought it would be more of a challenge for you."

The supposed fight that I had to take place in after Tiffany's school ended was just.... Sad. Of course I didn't expect anything much from him, I mean he's a sophomore and also not a demigod or related to any of them in any way. So all it really took was a dodge and a well placed punch and the Lanny kid got knocked out. It was so disappointing.

Well, after the fight, me and Tiffany had left and hung out at the park while Victoria had said that she had something to go do and left. We practically walked around, sometimes talking and other times just enjoying each other's company. After a while though it started getting dark and we decide to turn in for the night. When I walk her home I sense something... Something... Off.

I don't react. I show no sign of knowing that there was something out there. I squeeze Tiffany's hand twice, our own code to tell the other that something is wrong. She squeezes back once and taps twice. Ok, gotcha.

We continue walking on our guard, but also making it seem as if we were going on about our business. I shift my eyes from left to right, trying to look around to see who it was that I felt just a while ago. "Tiffany if something goes down." I whisper, so quietly that even a dog would have to strain to hear. "I want you to ru-"

"Haha, you're funny." She whispers. "I'm not a damsel in distress, Kevin. Didn't I prove that when I kicked your tail feathers four years ago?"

I grumble at her. "Whatever." I say. Yeah I got beat up by my girlfriend. Only cause I let her.

"And don't even think of that lame excuse that you were just 'taking it easy on me'." She says. Did she just.... Read my mind?! "You were trying your hardest."

I laugh softly, giving up, as we continue walking hand in hand. Not having any trouble on the way.

XXX

"Well I'm glad nothing happened." I say as I walk up to Tiffany's house. However the weird feeling still present.

"Yeah, same here." She responds, smiling, but then her mood changes drastically. "So tomorrow's the day right?"

I grimly nod my head, "Yeah... I guess it is." I didn't want to think about the upcoming anniversary of that dreadful day. The day we lost all those people. Almost all of my friends, all of my comrades.