Chapter 2

As Zana and Charlie entered the training area, she could feel all the guys' eyes on her. She walked confidently up to her friends and joined into their talk.

"Did you hear we get to go into the caves this year?" asked Marissa.

"Ya, and I heard that there are vampires in there too." Commented Lila.

"Aren't you excited Zana?" Asked Marissa.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Zana replied.

"You look uncomfortable." Lila commented.

"I just wish the guys would stop staring at me."

"Well, if that happened to me I would try to get Jackson's attention." Lila said.

"For me, it would be Charlie." Marissa said dreamily.

At that moment the instructor came into the training area.

"All right class, before we begin, I would like to go over some stuff we learned last year." A groan went up from the class.

"With that said, I would like Zana to come up."

The class went dead silent. Zana went to where the instructor was standing.

"All right Zana, would you show the class how to disarm an enemy when they are holding a weapon at you?"

"Sure" and with that the teacher produced a blade that was made out of silver. Everyone in the class cringed. Silver is a werewolf's greatest weakness. The instructor lunged at Zana. With movement as fast as lightning, Zana had the instructor on the ground and crying out in pain. The weapon lay 5 feet from where they were. Zana finally let go of the instructor.

"well done Zana." praised the instructor. Zana could feel the heat rising in her cheeks. With a nod of understanding,she went to stand with her friends.

"Wow!" said Lila. "That was amazing!"

"Thinks." Zana whispered back.

"Alright class, we are ready to go to the caves. I will partner you with someone. Lila Miller, you and Jason Moore will be partners. Marissa Smith, you can go with Charlie Stagger, and Zana Ironfire you can go with Jackson Moore."

Lila glared at Zana. As they headed to the caves, Jackson asked,"Have you ever been to the caves?"

"No." replied Zana. within two minutes of leaving, the class was at the entrance of the caves.

"Alright class, stay with your partner. You may form groups if you want. Good Luck."

Immediately, Lila and Marissa moved towards me. It was a good thing that all the guys were friends. They went into the caves. Lila walked close to Jackson. At one point, a bat flew at Lila's head. She shrieked and grabbed Jackson's arm. Zana rolled her eyes. What a great start this was. Now the vampires will know where we are.

Just then, Zana heard something.

"Do you guys hear that?" asked nervously.

"Hear what Zana?" asked Charlie.

"It sounded like footsteps." replied Zana.

"Probably your imagination" said Marissa tartly. It was obvious that she did not like Charlie focusing on Zana not her. Just then, everyone in the group heard footsteps. They sounded like they were running there way.

"Run!" yelled Jason. Everyone ran the opposite direction from the footsteps. The group made it to a cave. They skidded to a halt. While they were catching their breath, their pursuers caught up to them. They slipped into the room and grabbed Marissa. She made a strangled yelp.

"What a pretty girl you are." one of the pursuers said silkily.

Vampires! Thought Zana

"Yes that is right we are vampires." the other purser said.

"Let her go!" demanded Jason.

"Or what?" The vampire asked still holding Marissa. Before anyone could move, the other vampire grabbed Zana and moved to his friend's side. "Look what I found Alphones!"

"Well, that is a prettier prize then this one don't you say George?"With that he threw Marissa into Charlie making them fly back.

"I like her hair. It smells like strawberries." commented George.

"I like the way she struggles." said Alphones. With an edge in his voice.

While this was going on, their instructor was listening from around the corner. He knew this was the daughter of Sylvia, his long lost love. He couldn't let something happen to her. He entered the room.

"Hello George and Alphones." the instructor said

"Hello Adem. How are you?" George asked.

"Well you seem to have one of my students."
"We do?" asked Alphones sarcastically.

"Yes and I would like her back."

" But I want to keep her!"

" Sorry George."
" Alphones? what do you say?"

"Well George, he wants her back so..." and with that, Alphonse lunged at an uninspected Zanna and put his lips on her neck and sunk his fangs into Zanna's flesh. Zanna cried out in pain. It felt like fire running through her veins. She started to see bright spots in her vision. She could faintly hear her friends screaming in fear for the vampire to stop. As sudden as the pain was there, it was gone. Zanna felt a surge of blood pump threw her body. She smelled something sweet. She saw her instructor lunge at Alphones. Then, everything went black.