Chapter 5

Zoe heard a noise,like someone getting up. She opened her eyes and saw a dark figure moving around. It was Lila. Why is she up? thought Zoe.Zoe got up very quietly. She followed Lila to the opening of the cave.There was a tall male,Golden skin radiating under the moonlight.

"What do you want?"asked the strange man.

"I'm with the girl you're after,Zanna Ironfire."Lila said

"Ya. And is her sister with her?"

"Zoe? Yeah she's with us."

"Perfect."

"When are you going to ambush them?"

"Very soon. The king will give you a reward for your help."

"Keep Jackson and Jason alive remember?"

"Ah yes. Jackson and Jason. What about the other boy? Charlie Stagger?"

"I don't really care about him,He's Zanna's half brother and will protect her."

"And what about Marissa?"

"Uh duh protect her!"

"Ok. So protect you, Jackson, Jason and Marissa and kill the others?"

"Yeah that's the plan. Why do you need Zoe and Zanna?"

"There is something off with them."

"Like what?"

"We don't know yet, but we think it has something to do with their blood line."

"Um ok, but it better be worth it." With that, the strange man left. Lila turned around to see Zoe.

"What are you doing?" asked Zoe.

"What do you mean?" asked Lila.

"Let me try this again. Who was that man you were talking to?"
"I don't know what you are talking about. I would never sell out Zanna."
"I you just screwed yourself."

"How?"

"I never asked if you were selling out Zanna."Zoe said smugly.

"You don't understand!" Lila cried.

"You're right I don't.But that's not how you get what you want."

"You don't know what I want!" Lila screamed.

"You want Zanna gone so you can have Jackson to yourself."

"It's more then that."

"Then tell me. let me help you."Zoe crossed her fingers behind her back.

"Don't you see! My family could get killed if I don't kill Zanna!" Lila cried.

"oh..... why?"

"None of your concern." Lila said disgusted.

"I can't help you if you don't tell me. My family's GONE Lila. I never knew my mother or father. I just find out I have a werewolf brother. It hurts more than you know. Zanna feels the same."Zoe screeches.

"Whatever Zoe."

"I guess Jackson was right about you" Zoe bluffs.

"What do you mean Jackson was right about me?"

"He said you were heartless and only cared about yourself and Marissa"

"So what! Nothing in life matters but the cold hard truth! The truth is Zanna has to die, and I have to be with Jackson!" Lila screams.

"Well not if I kill you first but thanks for staring in my video."Zoe holds up her phone,smirking.

"What are you planning to do with that video?" Lila asked nervously.