Chapter 3

When Zanna woke up, she did not know where she was. she saw white walls. She could tell that she was in a bed and a person was sitting next to her. The person was obviously asleep. She started to stir. The person next to her woke with a start. She looked at him and saw that she was staring into the eyes of Jackson Moore.

" How do you feel Zanna?" asked Jackson.

" What happened? why am I at the hospital?" asked Zanna.

"You were bitten by a vampire," replied Jackson.

With those words the pain came rushing back to Zanna. She could still feel her blood being drained from her body. She did not know that tears were streaming down her face until she felt Jackson's arms go around her. They stayed like that until everyone else came. Lila came bursting through the door first. When she saw Jackson's arms around Zanna she stopped in her tracks. Marissa followed Charlie in.

"Are we interrupting something?" Charlie asked playfully.

"For a matter of fact you are interrupting something." Jackson replied.

"Well, we have something to tell you Zanna." said Lila coldly.

"Whatever you have to say Lila can wait." Jackson said sternly.

Zanna hid a smile. By the look on her face, no one has ever told her to shut up. Not even Jackson. Charlie was staring at Zanna. He had that playful look in his eyes.

"Charlie, don't even think about it." Zanna said.

"Think about what?" Charlie asked innocently.

"You know what I mean!"

"Fine, I'll save it for later."

At that moment, the instructor came in. He looked grave. the room felt cold. He looked over at Zanna and Jackson. Jackson immediately put his arms down.

"I have something to tell you Zanna." said the instructor gravely.

"What?" asked Zanna Nervously.

"The guards are coming to get you tomorrow at noon."

What? Why?"

"You have been claimed by a vampire."
"And your point being?"
"You are now considered a trespasser."

The room went quiet. There has never been a trespasser before.

"What? I can't be taken away!" zanna cried as the room started to spin.

"Don't worry Zanna. You are instructed to leave before the guards get you." the instructor said calmly.

"What are we supposed to do? Sneak out at midnight?" Lila said sarcastically.

"Precisely Lila." the instructor replied.

"Let's get packing. The day is almost over." Charlie said nervously.

And with that, Charlie, Marissa, and Lila left the room. As Lila passed Zanna, she threw her a nasty glare. Jackson stayed and helped Zanna stand up. Still holding on to her, they left the room.