chapter 6

-Rose's P.o.v.-

It's been a month since I escaped. I've been on the run and I don't plan on going back. The date is December 20, 2010. It's cold but I'm not really bothered by it. I sighed as I opened the door to my new home. It's a cabin not to far into the woods by town if you had forgotten by now. I'm going to start over... Have a new life. But now is the issue. Violet has only woken up a few times and when she did it wasn't pretty. Turns out I am the cause for my parents death and strangely enough... I don't care.

My father was a drunk and my Mother was a drug addict, a drunk, and abusive. I basically raised myself, the only thing they did was pay the bills, I did everything else. Cooked, cleaned, did the laundry, counted the money for the bills, made my own appointments when I needed too. I did everything myself. The only difference now is that I'm believed to be dead and I don't have running water or electricity.

I've resorted to stealing from people, sneaking through doggy doors and open windows, stealing food and washing up when I could, and I've started taking water from places to keep here. I have more than enough wood, I have stuff to make a fire, all that I need is a faster way to get around and money. I walked into the room in the far back and started the fire in a hole in the ground. I grabbed a chair and watched the flames... It's amazing how something so beautiful can be so deadly. I sighed and took out my knife and started making my arrows yet again.

An hour passed by and I had 4 new arrows made, 108 in all. The next house I raid... It's going to be the first one I raided a few weeks back. They caught me and I had to make a run for it, luckily it was too dark for them to see my face fully but I'm going to have to kill them, Violet made a valid reason and Marco is mad so he won't be talking to me for a while. But I'll have to take their money, get food, water- anything I need. I checked my watch and sighed. 12:30 AM... Time to go.

I stood up and put out the fire before fixing my jacket and walking back to town. I closed the door and put my hands into my pockets, 15 and living on my own... Just perfect. I started walking down the path with no light besides the moon and using the stars to lead the way. Snow crunched under my feet and I could feel the melting ice start to freeze my feet even through the boots Toby had given me. I really need to get some more and more clothes. I run my hand through my hair as I step into the street and walk to the house across from mine, I pull my hood up and keep my head low. I hope this works.

I crawl in through the window carful not to make a sound, the hardwood floors making little noise as I make my way towards the kitchen. I opened the drawer using my jacket sleeve and find some gloves. I slip them on and look at my hands before getting a knife from the knife stand. I pulled out a nice decent size and tested the weight and my grip... Perfect. I smile slightly and heard footsteps coming down the hall. I gasp slightly and hide. As footsteps get closer I make my way into the living room and stay hidden by staying close to the wall. I make my way into the hallway and look back to see a boy, around 16 or 17. I gulped and continued down to the parents bedroom. The door was already open. I sneak in and crawl by the bed and grip the knife, here goes nothing.

I raise myself to a crouching position and look at a lady, her brown hair falling in her face slightly as she smiled in her sleep. I gulped and rased the blade to her temple before closing my eyes and shoving it into her skull, the sound of it made a shiver run down my spine. I looked over her to see the father... Another one to go. This time I looked at my victim while killing him quickly. The same way I killed the mother.

I hear a front door open and looked outside the window to see the guy walking away. So a midnight stroll eh?... I walked down the hall and saw a room that was closed. I opened the door to see a teenaged girls room, in the bed was a girl that was 15, clearly my height and seemed like one of those snotty preps at school. I growled and just walked up to her, tapped her and as she was about to scream I stabbed her in the eye and slowly took out her eyes and cut out her tongue.

I smiled before walking to the bathroom and washing off the blood from the knife and the gloves, I don't want to take them off and leave evidence. I dry the gloves on my jacket and walk to the girls closet and open it. Cute clothes yet but they were slutty. I sighed and changed anyway. I changed into a short black and red checkered skirt, black bra and a black lace shirt. Nothing too extremely out there. I slipped on a pair of black boots and looked into the full length mirror. Cute. I grabbed my bag and took her hole wardrobe or at least the part that I liked. After that I went into the kitchen and took what I can. After that I threw my old clothes into the washing machine with the dirty clothes in the girls room (grabbing a pink camouflage Hunting Bow while I was at it) and started it up, they won't suspect that it was me. I walked outside with my bag and threw away the gloves, thank god tomorrow is trash day. I rushed to my cabin and put my bag there before running back to town. I need to find that guy. I slip on the jacket Toby given me and took a deep breath, and ran.

I ran around town for at least 30 minutes until I found him. I smiled and rushed after him, he turned a corner to the north side of town and I stopped. Why would he be going into that area of town? I followed him till he turned into a abandoned building. I sighed and followed him in. It was dark... I looked down to watch my footing and then I heard voices. "Hey Jay glad you can make it!" I crouched down and looked out of the corner. The kid chuckled. "No problem. So where is it? My customers are getting impatient and my parents will be up soon. To bad I can't just kill them myself." I smirked, 'I did that for you.'

"Yeah, yeah, here you go. Remember, 50% of the profits." He nodded and smirked, "drugs aren't the safest way to make money but its something." The man chuckled, "no shit." Money... Maybe I can work as a dealer then.

I took a deep breath... This is crazy... But it's worth a shot. I stood up and stepped out of the corner and said, "have room for another dealer?"

The man jumped slightly and pulled out a gun. "Who the fuck is this kid?! Jay do you know this person?!" He said glaring at him. "N-no... Gabriel calm down she's just a child-" he was cut off, "a child who can rat us out!" I sighed and put my hands up. "I mean no harm, I'm just looking for work. And Jay... I can help you out. You're now without a home. I saw someone leave your place not to long before I tagged along behind you. I went in an saw your parents and you sister dead." His eyes widened. "W-what?..." I looked down sadly. "I can give you a place to stay, we will work together, you help me and I help you."

He fought back tears. "Who are you?" I smiled, "my name is Rose. I escaped from the mental hospital a few months back and staged my death, I was framed with my own parents death. Same person killed your family." He sat down and Gabriel put his gun away. "I'm so sorry kid..." He said patting Jay on the back.

"About that job..." I said looking at Gabriel, "If I can't do it then I'll just leave... But it will cost you to keep my mouth shut." He thought for a moment. "Fine. Just wait a while." With that he turned around and left Jay and I in the room together.