chapter 10

Jeff pov

I moved away from the window, thinking about what could have happened for Rose to kick her little lover out of the room. But more importantly, what may have happened for them to plan on killing her. I adjusted my hood and walked around the trees, making sure I was hidden. I stop behind a bush a few yards away from the porch, I watched rose. As she was completely unaware of the plan going on. She took one long drag, and lifted her arm up to her face, letting her other dangle over the railing of the porch... and she started crying. Tears fell from her oddly mixed eyes, Redding her already rosey cheeks- no pun intended. "I don't want to die, Marco... Yet I don't want to live." I furrowed by brows, Marco? She fixed her jacket, put out the cigarette and walked inside wiping her eyes dry.

I walked back to my little... hide out, to get smile. this took about three hours, but going back was easier since it was straight downhill. by the time I was back it was dark, and the guys Rose had let move in had been outside drinking and sitting around a fire. Smile growled, I crouched by smile and petted him. "don't worry boy, I'll be the one to kill her not them. now, go straight to the door and get Roses attention." He seemed to let out a grunt before he ran off. Going right past the men and started scratching at the door and whined. Jay, if I remember correctly, stood up to go open the door for smile but he snapped at him and looked like he was about to jump on him as he snarled his teeth.

The door opened and the dog turned into a helpless little puppy, Rose smiled widely and started to scratch Smile behind the ear, she shot a glare at a Jay and he went back to his spot in the cold out chairs with the boys. a few seconds passed then she looked at Smile with a shocked look and said something I couldn't hear.

with that, She ran inside and smile cocked his head, and I stood there, confused.

Rose pov

  'he's near, Rose,' Marco said 'hide, HE is close by.' I looked at Smile smile and started to panic, "Jeff..." i said, he was close by too if smile was here... I run inside and slipped on my jacket and my Boots before rushing outside. "Everyone get inside! Now! turn off the candles and stay in your rooms. Don't come out." I rushed my way inside, and the feeling of dread was taking over. Panic. Fear. I have to find him... Smile barked at me and started running in a different direction. He must know where he is. I ran as fast as I could in the snow. 'forget Jeff, rose.' No... I wont. I can't. Not with this thing out... "Jeff!" I shouted, "Jeff where are you?!" a ringing started up in my ears, with every step it either got louder and softer. I followed Smile and saw Jeff looking around, confused. I can tell that much without seeing his face. I ran up to him, his dirty white hoodie gave him away in the dark woods, I grabbed his arm and pulled. "come on. now. dont ask any questions we just have to go... now." He looked at me weird before I heard the ringing starting up again. no... "run to the cabin lock yourself in the cellar. take smile, go!"

He raised his arm as if he was about to say something, dark strands of his hair that was pretty long now stuck out, yet I wasn't able to see his face. He put his arm back down and started to run, and smile chased after him. 'rose what the hell  are you doing?! get to the cabin!' 'no.. I'm already detected. It'll follow me.' with that... I ran. "Come after me you Faceless fuck!" I turned around, shouting for it to follow me.

I kept on doing this for about a mile, before I found my little hidden... tunnel. By now the ringing was very, very dim. showing that I was out of it's detection reach. As long as I am out of it's "visual" premisis... I should be fine. I'll be safe. I made my way through the low and narrow ground. Occasionally  dirt tell fell into my jacket, but I brushed it off and kept going. As I continued on my breath slowlyly became thinner, and only seemed to do so even more with every passing step. When I crawlies out of the other side I inhaled deeply. Gasping for normal air. The ringing was gone, but that didn't mean it was. I made my way forward to the back of the cabin not to far away from where I was.

I approached the building covered in snow, and moved the snow away from the Cellar doors. I unlocked the cellar with the key around my neck and opened the door, before quickly getting in and closing them. I crossed my arms, its freezing... I looked behind me. It was pitch dark. "J-Jeff..." I said. "Jeff are you there?" I steppes forward only to fall. A scream escaped my lips and I reach my hands out, at the same time I felt something I heard a grunt. My eyes closed slightly... Warmth. I quickly snapped out of my trance when I heard. A familiar voice. "What the hell, kid! Get off of me!" I got off and apologized.

I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out the lighter and sparked it, the small flame not even lasting a second before it was blown out. "Wh- Jeff! What the hell. I need to find a lantern!" I said irritated. What was up with him. "No, trust me... You wont want that. My face isn't to... Appealing " I rolled by eyes and scoffed. "I don't care what kind of face you have even if you had sever scars from a fire. I want some Fucking light and warmth."

I continue on feeling around for the wall, my leg slightly sore. I light up my lighter again and look around, a sight shimmer caught my eye. I look at it and walk up to it, I open the small door and light the old candle. A small smile stretches across my face as the light ilumenated the surrounding area. "Jeff!" I say picking it up and walked back to where he was. "Jeff, I found a land-" I stop, nearly screaming at what I saw when he turned my way...