chapter 16

-Jeffs pov-

I left her in the basement. I was more focused on my dog, and whoever touches my damn fucking dog... they regret it greatly. My feet stomp up to the top of the stairs, the wood creaking underneath my feet. I opened the door and rushed outside.

Just as I got past that front door... the whimpering stopped.

"Smile!" My voice echoed throughout the woods, Sounding as if sand was being slide across dry wood.

Not a sound was heared. Just silence, the sufficating silence I would normally love, but now it is the worst damn thing I could hear.

I raced around as I looked for him. Clapping and whistling as panic was slowly rising from my chest. The girl comes out of the house, a jacket loosely wrapped around her as she looks at me. I turn around and growl.

"You! This is your fault!"

"My fault?" She exclaimed, "I had nothing to do with this!"

"You distracted me from my dog, the one thing I care about, because you wanted to be a pathetic little whore."

I stepped closer to her, my hands and eye twitching as I slowly began to see red.

"You have no right to speak to me that way!"

I chuckled. Grabbing her by the throat, I slammed her into the wall just behind the entryway. Snarling at her as she gasped for air beneath me. Her small frame had a small shake to it, I took the knife from my pocket and flipped it open. Placing it on the side of her mouth.

"How about you smile, and go to sleep."

My voice darkened as I slowly applied pressure to her skin. I had barely broke skin when I heard a bark.

I turned around a smiled, dropping the knife and letting go of Mary I turned and faced what seemed like a maricle. Smile.

I got on my knees as he waddled up to me, licking my face and hand as I hear the soft deep breaths of Mary behind me...