chapter 13

Rose Pov

  Something left off, it didn't feel right. My right hand ticked, moving and pressing my thumb against each of my fingers quickly as my wrist moved. It only did this when a threat was around. Not major, but one that does have to intention to harm or kill me. It's odd on how it had started up recently. The snow crunched beneath our feet as we walked. The thin cold air making it hard for me to breath. I coughed slightly. I really should quit smoking.

  At some point Jay bends down and starts tying his shoe once we get in one of the abandoned buildings close by, I kept on walking so I can make my way to sit down. But then I hear a soft click and feel eyes looking at the back of my head. My heart dropped. I turned around with wide eyes. Jay stood there with a gun pointed at me, tears forming in his eyes. "Jay... W-what are you doing?" He let out a shaky breath.

  "What should have been done the day I meet you... You have lied to me, deceived me, you Made me fall in love with you... You played with me. You kill my damn parents then act like you are a victim. You go to their own damn son, and control him like some puppet." his hands shook as he said this. Tears streaming down his face. "I love you, Rose."

'Drop'

A loud gunshot echoed through the open space just as I fell back. I make my body limp and try not to shiver or breath much on the snow... The cold and bitter ice shavings slowly eating at my face.

I close my eyes, my hair covering my face as footsteps make their way closer. Then... A second pair.

"You did it, Jay." My breathing fully stopped, Gabriel. Small sobs are heard from Jay and I feel a pressure on my leg and the soft thud of a gun being thrown near me in the snow. My heart pounded in my chest. I look around the best I could, the gun was just out of arms reach by my knee.

    "Wait, Jay. I don't see any-" I lunged for the gun and moved back and stand up. "Shit! Jay you can't do anything right!" I point the gun at Jay who was still on the ground. His red face even redder and tears stained his face as snoot ran down his nose. I cringe.

 "You can't even avenge your parents," I pulled the trigger. Brain matter flying across the snow, the contrast looking oh so very beautiful even in the dark. I pointed the gun at Gabriel.  "And you... You just killed someone who didn't need to die and you Just killed yourself and maybe even the rest of your crew in the process... One thing you should know as someone who runs a drug business... If you want someone dead. Do it yourself." I pull the trigger shooting him in the lung, then check how many bullets I have left. Two. I shrug and shoot his kneecap and his shoulder. "If you don't die from blood loss or drowning in your own blood the cold will kill you." I take jays. Phone and grab Gabriel's' phone in the process as he tried not to scream loudly. I waved and looked back at him. Tears and blood surrounding him. "And the man I was talking to in the basement. His name was Jeff." with that, I left him. I look down at myself halfway back, I have to make myself look like a victim... I tear my cloths and I mess up my hair, I take a stick and use it to make small cuts and tears in my skin and shirt. Rape. That should work.....

    I walk up to the cabin. Tears filling my eyes and making small sobbing noises. I bang on the door and Max opens it and looks down at me shocked. He pulls me inside genitally and closes the door, telling me to sit down. John and Dale came into the living room when they heard the door shut.Max ran to to room to grab a blanket and wrapped it around me, "what happened? Where did jay and Gabriel?" 

I took in a shaky breath. "D-dead... I killed them. They tried to- tried to...." I let more fake tears fall and I pretended to sob. Dale hugged me and looked at John with a face that I couldn't quite read.

  An hour or so passed and I pretended to calm down and I told the boys I would be fine and to jut go sleep. They did. I changed, and went outside to smoke... Something I will be doing a lot more lately as far as I can tell. I sat in the chair, taking drag after drag as I though. I hear a branch snap and I sigh.

 "What do you want, Jeff?" I ask bluntly. He lets out a dark chuckle and walks up onto the porch and sits in the chair next to me. His dead, frizzy hair sticking out from his hoodie as he signals for a cigarette. I pass him one and hand him a box of matches. He lights it and we sit in silence for a while before he broke it.

 "You almost got killed out there." I looked at him, shocked. The bastard was watching the whole time and did nothing?! I hide my small amount of anger and sigh "yeah, I trusted too much and let my guard down. I got fingered out."

  "What makes you think I wont try to do the same?"

 I looked at him, remaining silent for a few seconds, "I don't, I am sure you'll. Try at some point again." I looked away and sighed. "Its in a killers nature..."