Chapter 7

(Four weeks later)
-Rose's P.o.v.-

It's been three months. I'm now living with Jay in my cabin- well... Our cabin, and a few of our fellow dealers will be moving in as well as soon as we get this place finished up. Jay goes to school and I work on the cabin with Toby on the days he is out for a long time, buy supply for the repair work, and sell when I'm not at the cabin.

'You know you shouldn't be keeping the truth from him' I heard Marco say. Here we go again. 'I know but he's improving. I can't crush his spirits now. We work together, live together... We need each other right now.' He sighed.

'He helps you keep up with your education and you give him a place to live and lie to him. Such a fair trade' I rolled my eyes at his remark and continue replacing the walls with new wood along the outside of the cabin.

I hear a bark off in the distance and I turn around and smile. There he is. I sat down on the deck as the husky runs towards me and crushes me with his weight. "H-hey!" I laughed as he licked my face. "Down boy! Hehe!"

-Jeff's P.o.v.-

"Fuck..." I looked down at my hands as they shake. I really need a damn cigarette. I sigh as I was closer to town while adjusting my hood and my scarf. Damn weather... I hear a bark off north and I groan. Smile... I jog in the direction of his bark and stop when I see him on top of someone.

Shit! "Down boy!" She said before giggling. She sits up and I swear that if my eyes could widen even more they would have. It was that kid. The girl that escaped the mental hospital, but... I thought she died. I looked at her longer. She looks completely normal, not crazy, not mad... Normal. She stood up and scratched Smile behind the ear. "Hold on boy I'm going to get you some food." She walks inside and I call smile. The husky looks my way then back at the girls directions and whimpers giving me wide eyes.

I sigh and walk up to him. He wants me to talk to her... Well if she screams I'll just kill her. Not like anyone will miss her. Climbing up the steps I go and sit down on a chair by the end of the porch and waited for her to come out. After a while she comes out with what looked like a steak and a bowl of water. Smiles barks happily and I just watch in amusement. Smile isn't like this with anyone. Not even me or Sally. She sits down on the porch with her feet dangling over the edge. She hadn't noticed me yet?

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a box of cigarettes and I swear my eyes popped out of my head. She placed it in her mouth and lit it before inhaling deeply. Now I'm starting to question the kid. She pulled out another one and turned to me and held it out. "Take it... I know you want one." Slowly I take it from her along with the lighter. I light it and hand her back the lighter.

"So what are you doing out here?" She asked. "Just looking for my dog..." I said. She smiled, "so he's yours? He's such a sweetheart." I looked at her from under my hood. "Didn't your parents tell you about strangers?" She shrugged. "Doesn't matter they're dead. I've been on my own without them for a while now... I can fend for myself" she said petting Smile.

I smiled slightly as Smile nuzzles close to her. "What's his name?" She asked. "Smile..." I replied. She nodded, "I like that name... It suits him well." 'No shit he looks like he's smiling all the time', I thought.

"What are you?" She asked. "What?" "You know... Your job." I mentally slapped myself. "If I'd tell you I'd have to kill you..." She smirked and her eyes went cold as she looked at me, "Same with me." I felt a shiver run through my body. "How about we tell each other and it stays a secret?" I thought for a moment. "Fine."

"I'm a drug dealer and a thief, I also trade with a few people when needed," she said. I just stared at her. This sweet little girl... Sells drugs. "Well... I'm a killer." She smiles, "I had a few friends like you in the mental institution, when they moved me to a regular cell I escaped." I was about to say something then a phone went off. She pulled it out and stared at it for a few seconds before answering the call after she sighed. "Hey Jay... Yeah 1077 north west Taylor. Yea, yeah, love you too come home soon." She smiled and said bye before hanging up.

I cleared my throat, "so... Shouldn't you be at school instead of out in the middle of the woods?" She stood up, "nah, I live here with a fellow dealer of mine. He teaches me and I provide him a home. I can't go to school since I'm 'dead' and his parents where killed by the same person who killed mine so I decided to help him out." I was speechless. She speaks about this so openly its fucking idiotic plus I learned all this within a matter of 5 minutes.

"How old are you?" She asked. "...nineteen," I replied. She nodded, "I'm fifteen." She... Looks older maybe by a year. Must be due to the smoking. "You have to go... Jay will be here soon and he isn't too kind with people he doesn't know... He knows I tend to talk to random people that can get me killed." He has no idea... I nodded, "latter then... Oh and kid," She looked at me, "my name's Jeff..." She smiled, "I'm Rose." I smiled and left with smile by my side. Strange how a kids appearance can influence your mind so easily.

I looked back to see her walking inside. Something tells me I'll see her again soon... Very. Very. soon. A smirk spreads across my face or at least attempted to, she may make a very interesting victim. "I'll take my time with you," I whispered as I put my hands into my pockets and walk away chucking with smile following behind me.

-Jay's P.o.v.-

I stepped into the cabin and inhaled deeply. Food. I walked into the 'FR' as we call it and see her grilling steaks. Her dark blonde hair pulled back loosely and running wild down to her mid-back. I smiled and walked behind her quietly and snaked my arms around her and place my chin on her head. She jumped slightly and looked up at me before smiling widely. Within the past few weeks I've become attached to her.

At first Gabriel and I were planning to kill her off after she sold her first few stashes but... She's worth keeping alive. She's one of our best sellers and can always seem to make us change our mind little by little about getting rid of her. At first she was a little sketchy because of the deal we made. I teach her and she gives me a place to live.
"Welcome home babe," my heart skipped a beat as she said it. I love it when we calls me that. "I wouldn't stay away even for all the money in the world," I said. She chuckles, "dinner is almost ready. Go wash up, there's a few beers in the fridge for you." I smiled and kissed her cheek and said thanks before walking off.

I don't question how she gets what she does or how she gets extra money to spend on fixing the place. All I know is that I'm greatful for her coming out of that corner that night and asked for a job. Thanks to her I'm over my families death. I wouldn't care if she was the one who killed them. All that I know is that she has made my life so much better that it could be if I was still with my parents.

I walked into our room- yes our room. We have to share the bed till she fixes up the other three rooms. But I rather stay with her. She has gotten the sinks to work but how I don't know. But she's full of mysteries. I wash my hands and my face and look into the mirror. Why did she 'choose' me? Of all people she could've gone to she came to to me. Why?

I sigh and walk into the living room and see the table set and the fire on. I love it when she make it look like some romantic thing from a movie, really sets a mood. She lights the candles before sitting down with me. We ate dinner with talk about how business was going, how school was, and what she was going to add to the place. She seams as if she has life planned out. After dinner she washed dishes as I watched while drinking a beer.

Her top hugged her body nicely, making her curves stand out and showed how skinny she was. Her jeans are the ones she took from my sister, so we didn't have to risk her getting caught and someone recognizing her, hugs her legs well. She looked back at me saying she was going to change and get ready for bed and I nodded standing up. I'm going to try something tonight... And I'm not sure if I'll regret it. She brushed her teeth, flossed, etc. and went into the bathroom to change. I did the same and just put on my sweat pants and a muscle shirt. I sat down on the bed and waited for her to come out. When she came out my heart rate quickened and I hide the blush on my face. Dear god...