chapter 5

(4 weeks later)

-BEN's P.O.V.-

"Boring," new disease discovered, "Boring" stabbing incident ' Nothing is new its all Borin-' my eyes widened as I can across a file, '14 year old Rose Fortworth escaped highest secured mental institution in the state then procolamed as dead,'. I looked at the date it was published, almost four weeks ago. "Not boring" I said. I opened the report and read. As I read the door opened behind me, I turn around to find Jeff walking in while drying his hair. "Hey BEN... Whatcha' reading?" I waved and looked back at the screen and placed my chin on my palm. "A rather interesting report from four weeks ago," I said as he placed his hand on the desk and begins reading. "Rose Fortworth huh...." He mumbled.

He reads out loud:

"fourteen year-old, Rose Fortworth, has escaped. Being placed into the mental institution for murder, schizophrenia, Irregular behavior, Sudden outbursts of anger, and more. Her sentence was a mere 13 months but it quickly escalated to 4 years for her hostile behavior.

I read on. and downloaded videos that was published to the public and clicked a link in the page about her escape.

We believe the child was attacked by wolf's in the woods where her cloths were found torn and bloody, hairs on the cloths tested positive for wolf. she was to be used for experiments for scientific research on the human brain. Only person that we know that may have helped her is Toby Rodgers. A 18 year old boy she was rather close to in the ward.

He looked at the picture and he looked as if he was frowning. "Play the videos," He said taking a seat next to me. I nodded and clicked on the video. And watched as it showed a small girl sitting in a padded cell. "H-hello..." She whispered. She smiled and looked at the camera, her maroon hair falling in her face slightly. I zoomed in and noticed some blood stains on her face "please... Save me. Help me... I don't belong here!" Then the video cut off. Strange... I clicked the other file and watched in amazement.

"Why did you bite her" said a man sitting in front of her, "you know she now only has 9 fingers now don't you?" The child didn't reply for a few seconds. "I didn't mean to..." She said, "I was panicking and she tried covering my mouth so I bit her... I didn't mean to bite off her finger." Her voice... Was so scared. Yet it had a sound like she didn't regret doing it. The man sighed, "Rose..." He reached over and she flinched. "D-don't touch me..." She said. He pulled his hand back and I couldn't help but wonder why she was so jumpy. "Very well... Why did you kill your parents." Jeff's eyes widened slightly along with mine as we leaned in closer and I Turned up the volume.

Wrong move. She jolted up and started walking to the door but the man stood up and dragged her back. She growls and bites him causing him to scream. He tried to pull his arm back but her grip got better and she stepped back, ripping a huge chunk out of his arm. Damn... "Fuck" I heard Jeff say. I nodded. We continued to watch the video till she looked at the camera and glared at it before the camera shattered and the video ended.

We both looked at the screen in shock. "Why were you looking into her file?" He asked his voice cracking. "... She escaped" he sighed and face palmed, groaned and walked out of the room. Looks like we have a possible recruit. I smirked and chuckled before saving her file. We will see how long she lasts...

I stood up and shut off the computer before leaving the room, following Jeff into the living room... "BEN. Did you see the kid escape with Toby that night?" he asked me. I shook my head. "No. I didn't."

I sat down in thought... This could lead to some trouble if she has connections to Toby... I sighed. "What were you thinking even making contact with this child, Toby?" Then I thought more... Maybe she staged her death. Maybe, Just maybe... she survived.