chapter 2

"Looks like we have a new addition to the group," said my pal John. "Yeah," i said looking at the teen across the room.

He was 5'8", he had short dark brown hair with Dark circles around his honey brown eyes. He would twitch every so often and he seemed paranoid. A lot like Toby only this guy seemed scared and easy to break due to how thin he was.

"How long do you think he'll last?" He asked. "I give him a week," I replied as we walked to our sets. Me being between John and Toby.

Dr. Ashcul walked in and sat in his spot as we settled ourselves. I crossed my arms and looked at my nails as he began his morning speech. I swear I had fallen asleep at some point. He looked at the new kid.

"Looks like we have a new member to our group..." he said with a fake smile, "why don't you introduce yourself and tell us why you are here?" I sighed, "you've already read his file so why don't you tell us. Some people don't want to talk about what got them in here you know." He glared at me.

"Miss Fortworth... what where you told about speaking out of turn?" He said his bald head shines in the fake sun light of the room.

"Just not to do it but, listen. In here you're taking our rights. We don't have to speak if we don't want to and we can speak if we feel like doing so," i said leaning forward. "We don't deserve to be treated like shit either. It's cruel and unusual punishment. Which is against the law." He cleared his throat and took off his glasses. "What would you know about the law? You're fourteen. Been in here for two years already and going on three."

I glanced over at John who whispered to the new guy. "They are always at each other's throats. This is normal." He nodded and moved farther back into his set.

"I taught myself early. My parents taught me a thing or two as well-" he cut me off short, "you killed your parents." I growled and stood up. "I DID NOT. I was framed!" He stood up, "even so your behavior and what you did when you first came here was unacceptable," I sighed. "It was due to me panicking! I was 12. And the bitches hand was in my face." "Laugua-" "No. You shut your old, fake ass up. You treat everyone else better than me even though I'm the youngest and likely the most stable in here."

He walked closer and I stood up and he grabs my throat, "you disrespectful little bitch..." he stared into my eyes showing nothing but hate and disgust. I growled and scratch at his face. Leaving four deep marks in his cheek. He let go of me and stumbled back in pain covering his wound. "YOU ARE ALL DISMISSED" He said before storming off and slamming the door.

That had aloud us to walk around the room for a few minutes while we waited for our guards to come take us to our cells. I kept my head down as I walked towards Toby in the corner of the room, his arms crossed and twitching every so often. "Hey," i said. His head twitched as he looked up, "h-hey."

"So... what's the plan," I said. He smirked as we sat down onto the floor. Next to each other, his legs crossed, mine tucked close to my chest.

"I-I have a f-friend that can s-sh-hut o-o-off the cameras," he started, ... and more likely the alarms for a period of t-ten minutes. H-he'll open my cell then I-i'll go to yours and o-open it and r-run. D-don't f-follow me just run i-in the o-op-posite dir-rection in-into town. I'll meet you at the o-old theatre t-the next day at 8 pm sh-sharp." I nodded, "Sounds good." He hugged me and pulled me closer as the door opened and he kissed the top of my head and nodded at John. Who came and sat in front of us, bringing the new guy.

"What's your name?" I asked. "D...David." I smiled, "Nice to meet you. I'm Rose. There is Toby and I'm sure you already know John." He nodded. "I wish you luck in here... don't piss anyone off and you'll be fine." He smiles back and nodded, "so you... where framed of killing your parents?" I shook my head. "I did it. But it wasn't me. That's all I'll say." "O-oh... okay." "Why are you in here? " I asked. "I set the hospital on fire.... and the store... then a person... Then another person..." he looked down and i smiled. Guy is more twisted then he looks...

After that the guards came and taking us one by one. Each time for person left was another person, another hour, another minute, and another second... closer to my escape. I smiled at the thought. No more suffering. No more waking up to screams in the middle of the night.
I will be free.