Chapter Two

I took a deep breath and turned around to find Mr. Matthews staring at me. He looked flustered that I caught him staring and looked away while clearing his throat. I shrugged it off and looked around the room at the rows of desks and figured that I'd sit at the very back of the classroom next to Mr. Matthews' desk. I sat my books down and took my seat, pulling out my schedule so I could ask questions. I saw I had Mr. Matthews for homeroom, 1st period Creative Writing, 4th period Honors English, and 7th period Teacher's Assistant. Wow. Okay. 2nd period I had Trigonometry with Mr. Hancock. 3rd period I had Honors American History with Mr. Remmington, 5th period I had Chemistry with Mrs. Remmington, 6th period I had Italian for my foreign language. All of this seemed fairly easy.

I glanced up at Mr. Matthews who was staring intently at his desk top. "Mr. Matthews, could you explain to me where these classrooms are, or at least tell me the vicinity of the classrooms?"

He seemed suprised but complied to my request and explained the layout of the school to me. By the time he finished I knew pretty much where all my classes were. "Thank you," I said giving a small smile and looking at him through my eyelashes. He blinked and nodded. I smiled fully showing teeth. That was kind of cute. I sat back in my seat and watched as kids started coming in. A lot of the students were staring at me, others had turned to talk about me and who I was. Oh boy. This was going to fun.

Finally when the bell rang, pretty much every seat was filled. Mr. Matthews got up and walked to the front of the classroom.

"Alright guys. You all know who I am. I know who all of you are. You know my ways. Except this year I'm going to be harder on you guys. You're Juniors. I expect you to act like it." He rolled his eyes at the end of his speech. This made me feel like these students didn't act their age last year. I heard a few giggles and even some "Whatevers".

Mr. Matthews suprised me by what he said next, "We have a new student. Nikki please stand up." I cursed under my breath but did what he asked. "Tell the class about yourself." I wanted to rip his head off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not shy, I just wasn't prepared to talk to a bunch of teenagers about myself.

"Uh, well. My name is Nikki Cook. I'm seventeen. My favorite color is green and I just moved here from California." I smiled slightly at how easily I could tell the truth. I did just come from California... from a mission. A guy with dark skin whistled at me. "You one fine piece of ass girl."

I smiled sweetly and crossed my arms. "Oh honey. Could you please stop the drool from coming out of your mouth? We don't want any students to slip and fall in it." That caused several snickers from the guys in the room and approving smiles from a few of the girls.

"Look girl. I'm just trying to be nice here." He shook his head. "These thirsty girls these days make me sick. Mm mm mm." This pissed me off. I walked to the side of his desk and bent down and whispered in his ear. "Look. I don't know who you are, but you're getting off to a bad start with me. I can hurt you in so many different ways. Just watch yourself. If you piss me off again, it won't just be a threat." I pulled back and looked down at him. I didn't say it to scare him. To me it didn't even seem threatening enough.  But he looked slightly scared. I smirked down at him.

"Got it?" I asked loud enough for everyone else to hear. He nodded frantically. "Good." I walked back to my desk and sat down and for the first time I looked up at Mr. Matthews. He looked extremely amused.

"Well Dovonte, now you know not to act like a pig towards her." Mr. Matthews said while smirking. "Dovonte" slumped down in his seat. Mr. Matthews nodded at me as he made his way back to his desk. As he sat down I noticed he kept glancing at me. For some reason I was pleased to know he was looking at me.

I turned myself back to the front to find a girl turned around staring at me. I smiled kindly at her encouraging her to say what was on her mind.

"Oh. Sorry. My name is Leslie." the girl said. I smiled wider and nodded at her. She was a pretty hispanic girl with shoulder length brown hair with neon red streaks. She had pretty chocolate brown eyes and her smile was warm. She nodded to her right indicating a pale brunette girl with brown eyes, "This here is Amanda." I perked up at the name and studied the girl. Yes. She fit my description.

"Hi." I said, "It's nice to meet both of you." Amanda and Leslie both smiled and nodded. Amanda leaned towards me, "What did you say to Dovonte. Usually when a girl insults him he tears them a new one. But he looks scared of you."

I smiled, "I only told him I didn't appreciate his rudeness." They both laughed at this. Hm. Now I know I won't have a problem getting them to trust me.