Chapter Eight

I dug through my bag until I found the lock picking kit and placed it in my workout shorts pocket. Then I grabbed my small handgun and shoved it in between my boobs. Yes. My boobs are big enough to hide a small handgun easily. I made my way downstairs and peaked down the hall to the left of the stairs to make sure James' door was still closed. When I made sure of that I crept over to the opening to the kitchen and made sure the coast was clear. I noiselessly slipped out the back door and into the bushes bordering the door.

When I had made sure there wasn't any security lights or any cameras in the back yard, I slipped from my hiding place and crouch/ran to the shed door. When Amanda had given me the tour of the house she had told me that she didn't know what was in the shed because James' always kept it locked.

I crouched by the door and quickly set to work with getting it open. It wasn't as easy as it usually was to pick a lock. He had three different locks on the door. Hello hello, it screamed illegal. I smiled when I heard the last lock click open. Thank you. I opened the door slowly so not to make any noise and turned on the flashlight  I had grabbed. I stopped dead in my tracks as the cold air of the shed hit me.

This crafty bastard had infrared motion sensors shooting everywhere. For people who hadn't been trained very keenly to see tell tale signs of the sensors, they wouldn't have caught it. They would've strolled right in and been caught instantly. But I was trained. I sighed. I shined my flashlight to the very back of the shed and saw a huge wooden crate sitting against the wall. I need to find out what that is. I sighed.

I closed the door and locked it back. I couldn't go across the sensors unless A) I found the control pad for them and shut them down, or B) I got help from another CIA agent who could actually navigate their way through the censors. I had found out at an early age that I just wasn't flexible enough to bend myself around the censors. So I was forbidden to ever try.

I snuck back into the house and climbed the stairs quietly. I stealthily slipped back into Amanda's room and hid my supplies in the secret compartment of my bag and crawled into Amanda's king sized bed beside her. I sighed and rolled on my side facing the wall. My mind was racing with questions and possibilities of what exactly is in that crate. How dangerous is it that you have to have such a crafty security system.

I mean seriously. The outside is unguarded which would fool an amateur into thinking the inside was unguarded also. Only to be suprised by tripping the invisible sensors. What could be in that crate. I fell asleep with that question running through my mind.