Chapter Six

History passed quickly with an introduction from Mr. Remmington and a syllabus that he handed out and went over. We were to take good notes because that's  what we would study. Thank God he didn't do worksheets. When the bell rang to leave I was happy. I headed to Mr. Matthews class and ended up having to push past the blob of students in the hallways. Seriously. They needed bigger hallways. It was ridiculous. I walked into Mr. Matthews class and took the seat that I had sat in during homeroom and first peiod and watched the other studenets come in.

Of course fourth period went as first period did. He gave the speech about not handling the crap and gave us a free day. I pulled out my book and planned on ignoring Mr. Matthews so our get to know each conversation didn't go any further than what I did in my free time. I sighed. I know I should hold him at arms length until my job is complete, but something about him just draws me in... I buried my face in my book to fight the urge to glance up at him.

I heard someone sit down in front of me and looked up to find Amanda smiling at me. With that we talked the whole class. I had discovered that we had a few things in common. We liked some of the same music too. I smiled at how easily it was to get close to her. I was warned not to get sucked into the small town hospitality though. She had quite the Southern Charm. We joked and laughed the whole period.

For some reason during our so called "Truth Session" I felt someone eavesdropping on the conversation. Great. Mr. Matthews was hearing the few lies that I was telling Amanda. Why did he have to be so damn nosey... When the bell rang Amanda told me it was lunch time and we walked to the cafeteria together. I was told I could sit with her, Leslie, and Leslie's boyfriend Adam. Adam Jenkins was a typical guy, but he was sweet and a tad bit different from other guys. Him and Leslie seemed to really be into each other. Neither of them looked at any other person. They seemed to only have eyes for each other.

Amanda asked if I wanted to come to her this weekend for a girl's night. I happily accepted and knew I had scored. Lunch ended and I headed to Mrs. Remmington's Chemistry class. She did the whole introduction thing and blahblahblah. I didn't pay attention. I was thinking about the mission.

Alright. So I could wait until they went to sleep and sneak out to snoop around the property. Or I could make sure they would stay asleep for a good twelve hours and I could both snoop and seduce her father. I know I'm going to have to pick a few locks so I'll need my supplies for that...

I was brought out of my reverie by Mrs. Remmington standing in front of my desk. I looked up into her face and saw that she was impatient. "I'm sorry, ma'am. What did you say?" I asked.

She sighed impatiently. "I asked if you could tell me where you came from. I noticed you were new." Her voice was annoying as hell. I sighed. This is going to be a long year. "I came from California." She nodded and walked away. Apparently she noticed I didn't want to talk about it.

When the bell finally rang, I all but ran out of the classoom. She seemed like a sweet lady but I wanted to cut her vocal cords from her thoat... I walked into my Italian class and saw that there was only five kids in there. Is this all? I took a seat away from everyone and the bell rang. A tanned skin foreign man walked in with a briefcase. I could tell that he was from an Afghanistanian descent. He was a young guy with brown curly hair and chocolate brown eyes. Okay. Unexpected cute guy.

He introduced himself as Remmy. That was it. No Mr. Last name. No Sir. Just Remmy. Okaaaay. He had an accent. He explained to us that by the end of the year we would only be allowed to speak in Italian. Easy enough for me. I heard groans from the other five students in the room. I snickered slightly which drew Remmy's attention to me.

"You find it funny but you have to do it too." He said while narrowing his eyes at me. I decided to be a smartass. " Yes Sir. Ma posso già parlare italiano fluentemente.(Yes Sir. But I can already speak Italian fluently)" I smirked at his shocked face. Take that bitch...

He nodded. "Bravo. Then this class shouldn't be hard for you." I smirked and leaned back in my seat and zoned out for the rest of the period thinking of my gameplan for Friday.

Finally the last period of the day was here and I found myself once again walking in to Mr. Matthews' classroom. He looked up from his desk when he saw me heading for my normal seat and shook his head. This stopped me in my tracks and I gave him a "what" face. He pointed to the corner beside his desk that had a computer desk and a chair. "You sit here durning this period. Since you're my teacher's assistant you don't actually do anything in my class. You just run errands for me." I nodded and made my way to the corner. "Oh so I'm your bitch now. Interesting." I smiled as he threw his head down on his desk and laughed really hard.

I sat down in the chair and watched what I could only guess to be freshmen walking in and taking their seats. I got a lot of glances. Mr. Matthews finally calmed down an looked at me. "No. You're not my..." He lowered his voice so the Freshmen wouldn't hear. "Bitch." I cracked up then.. "It sure sounds like it." He shook his head and walked up to the front of the class to start his speech again. The period went by fast because we were sitting in the back of the classroom cracking jokes. When the final bell rang I immediately pulled out my phone and called Dan.

"What's up pretty lady?" He answered. "Hey flirt. Come get me in about twenty minutes. William and I gotta talk." I heard him laugh. "Alright. I gotcha. See you then." With that we hung up and I got my stuff to leave. Mr. Matthews gave me a quesioning glance obviously curious about who I had called flirt. I just shrugged and walked out of the door. 

I went into William's office and sat down in the chair across from his desk and started telling him about my accomplishment. Then I told him about the strange feeling Mr. Matthews gave me. His only reply was "Well Blake's single and your mission won't last long." We laughed and I got a text from Dan saying he was outside and we hugged as a way of saying our goodbyes and I walked out of his office.