Chapter Fourteen

It had been a week since the discovery of the female body parts in James' shed. John had yet to set a date for when we'd take him down. I guess he was still trying to assemble some people to go in and remove the parts. That and it took a while to get the local police departments in on it. Some police departments don't like to cooperate with the CIA because some of our methods are illegal. But hey, it gets the job done.

School had become less important to me at this point. I couldn't care less about Trigonometry or Chemistry. I was more worried about this psycho that, much to my displeasure, I have to seduce. Again. Something wasn't right about this situation. It could just be that I'm uneasy with it, but I feel as if I'm missing something about this whole thing. Whatever it is, I'll figure it out soon enough.

Unfortunately in all my worrying about my mission, I had distanced myself a little bit from everyone, including Mr. Matthews. It wasn't my intention, but I was a bit quieter around him. He had asked me several times if I was alright, but I just told him I'm fine. We still talked quite a bit, but not as much as we usually do. But he didn't seem to take it personally.

Now Remmy was a different story. The unknown background of my Italian teacher kept me on edge the entire time. I tried to keep a conversation going, hoping he'd slip up and give me something, anything, that could tell me who he is. But it never worked. He wouldn't even tell me his favorite color. I was beginning to get frustrated with him. More than once I thought about holding him down until he told me just who he is, but I got rid of the thoughts as soon as they came.

Meanwhile, Amanda was being herself. The only thing I found strange was when I brought up her dad's ex-girlfriends again. I asked her if she had liked any of her fathers ex girlfriends and she gave me the creepiest look and stared me dead in the eyes and said, "Well it doesn't matter now, now does it?" And then she just turned back to her work.

Honestly I heard a double meaning behind her words. But I shook it off. It was probably nothing. She probably just meant that they left him and they weren't going to come back to him so there's no use in picking your favorite. So I shook it off and went about my business.

It was Thursday afternoon and I was laying on my couch staring at the ceiling. I was getting bored waiting on John to give me a date. I wanted to get this over with as quick as possible. Just as I was about to give up and call John to see how things were coming along, my phone rang. I jumped up and answered it quickly.

"Hello?" I said into the phone. "Ariabella. Everything is set now. Tomorrow your friend will probably be telling you that her mother is taking her to New York for a vacation. She'll be leaving durng lunch. That would be my doing. Anyways, James will be at his house by himself, which makes everything that much easier. You know what you have to do. Also, you keep him occupied until you get a text from Camilla telling you otherwise." I sighed. The only thing I could do was agree. "Okay." I said rather reluctantly. "So tomorrow tonight." I sighed again and said okay and hung up.

I got up off the couch and walked into my bedroom, heading for the closet. I had an outfit in mind. Just as I started looking through my dresses, the doorbell rang. I turned on my heel and went to see who it was. When I opened the door, Dan was standing there with a large black box. I cocked my head slightly, letting him know I was confused with why he was here. He just smiled at me and inclined his head asking silently if I'd let him in. I simply nodded and closed the door behind him. He went straight to the couch and sat down, smiling.

I laughed. "Okay. Can I get you something to drink?" I asked. When he shook his head no I giggled. He was up to something. "Something to eat then?" I asked. But again he just shook his head patting the spot next to him on the couch. I gave him a weird look, but did what he wanted. He had sat the black box on the coffee table and as I sat down I motioned toward it with my hand. "What's in the box Dan?" I asked, giving him a funny look.

His smile grew. "Weeeeeell..." He drew out. It was comical. He seemed excited about something. "Danny spit it out already." I said impatiently. "Okay, okay. John called me and told me the plan and I figured that this is going to be your last run on this mission that you should end it, ya know, in style." I began laughing uncontrollably at the way the words "in style" came out of his mouth awkwardly. He looked excited when he said it, but because he's so manly and what not, it came out awkwardly. I was clutching my stomach and trying to control my laughter for about five minutes. He just sat there and chuckled quietly.

When I could finally breathe again, I sat up and grabbed the box. "When you say in style do you mean..." I trailed off as I lifted the lid and and saw a small black dress inside. When I say small, i mean small, as in not enough cloth to cover my boobs or my ass. I looked up at Dan questioningly. He nodded slightly. "Go try it on." I looked at him bewildered. "Try what on?" I asked incredulously. "Please tell me this is a shirt."

Dan just shook his head. "Go try it on." he repeated. I gave a huff but I complied, taking the dress and walking into the bathroom. I undressed quickly and slid the dress on, zipping it up. I turned and looked in the full length mirror. The dress, if you could call it that, was solid black and extremely form fitting. The dress fit perfectly around every curve of my body. I turned around to look at my backside and was suprised to find that the dress covered it, ending just below my butt. I had to admit, I looked freaking hot.

I sighed and walked out of the bathroom watching Dan's expression the whole time. His eyes widened at first, but then his face slowly grew into a smirk. He had that "I told you so" look on his face. I sighed again. "Well how does it look?" I asked. He shook his head and stood up, walking towards me. He held out his hands and I took them without hesitation. He lifted our hands and spun me in a slow circle, obviously checking me out. When I was facing him again, he pulled me in for a hug. "You look amazing." He said into my hair. I smiled. "Well thank ya. Now can I take this thing off?" I asked. He chuckled softly and let me go.

I retreated back into the bathroom and changed back into my shorts and T- Shirt, and went back out to rejoin Dan on the couch. I looked at him for a few seconds before I spoke. "I don't want to do this again Danny." I said softly. He smiled softly at me and pulled me into his side to comfort me. "I know sweety." And that's all he said for the next hour. We just sat there. It was comforting knowing I had someone there for me.

When it began dark outside Dan pulled away from me and stood up, stretching as he did so. "Okay. I'm going to leave before I fall asleep." He leaned down and kissed me on the forehead. "Call me when you need me doll." And then he walked out of the door leaving me alone with my thoughts...