Chapter Twenty One

*Two Years Later*

"Shit shit shit shit..." I chanted as I jumped over the fence. It really shouldn't be this hard to make it to your own wedding. I mean come on! Did the guy REALLY have to run? I mean he could have just let me cuff him so I could actually make it on time. But NO! I have to mess up my curls because he decided to run! John told me this would be easy and wouldn't take me more than an hour at the most. "You won't even have a hair out of place," he had said. I'm going to kick his ass when I see him later.

The guy running from me, Josh Kunaz, wasn't even CIA territory. He's a crook who was breaking into people's houses. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why he sent me to do a uniform's job. It's below my pay grade and extremely tedious. It also just happens to piss me off.

Kunaz turned down an alleyway and ran to the end and tried to climb the fence. "Oh hell no!" I yelled and grabbed his foot snatching him down so he landed on his face. I put my foot in the center of his back to hold him down. "It's my freaking wedding day and they have me out here chasing idiots like you. Like seriously? Did you have to run? Now my hair is messed up. And you know what that means?" I asked leaning down so he could look me in the eyes. He shook his head. He looked scared. Good. Stupid bastard should be.

I got right up in his face, going down into a kneeling position with me knee in his back. "It means that I'm pissed and you’re my target. I should shoot you right now..." I trailed off muttering profanities. I pulled my cuffs out of my sweat pants and put them on his wrist and roughly snatched him up shoving his face into the alley wall.

I began dragging him back towards the entrance of the alley while pulling out my phone to call John. When I got to the entrance I shoved him roughly into the wall and placed my hand in the center of his back leaning my weight into my hand to keep him in place.

"John Redman." He answered his phone. "John, you ass!" I screeched through the phone. "Jesus Aria! Yell a little louder next time. I assume you have the guy now?" He asked patiently. It pissed me off how calm he sounded.

"As a matter of fact he's pinned up against the wall right now. He ran. And my hair is messed up you bastard." I heard him laugh through the phone but he tried to play it off like he was coughing. "I am so happy you find this amusing. My wedding is in-" I pulled the phone away from my ear to check the time, "two hours! I don't even have my make up done and now I probably have to get my hair re-curled!" I was fuming.

"Calm down. There should be a car pulling up right now. It'll drop you off at the church and bring him back here. Just calm down." He sounded amused and it just managed to piss me off even more.

"For your sake Redman, I better look perfect by the time I walk down that isle or you might just get hurt." I seethed into the phone. The last thing I heard before I hung up on him was the beginning of hard laughter.

I huffed and put my phone back into the pocket of my sweat pants. Sure enough when I looked at the road there was a black car waiting for us. I roughly pulled Kunaz off the wall and slammed him up against the side of the car before opening the back door and shoving him in. I climbed into the front seat and looked at the driver.

"Hey Dan. How's it going? Me? I'm just freaking peachy." I ranted. Dan chuckled and pulled off into the street. "Don't worry love. You'll be ready in time."

I sighed and stared out the window. The past two years had been the best of my life. Blake and I spent all of last year together. Of course he still had work, but during the summer we were inseparable. It was amazing, like a fairytale.

For the past year I had been doing small missions every now and again until John called and said that I had a big mission in New York with the CEO of Estonia Shipping. Apparently they had some illegal things going on behind the scenes. I didn't know how long I was going to be gone and Blake was terrified that I might now come back, so he moved to New York with me.