Chapter Nine

When I woke up the next morning it was ten o' clock and I smelled food. I rolled over to see Amanda still out cold and I smiled. I did good with the drugs. I decided I'd go downstairs to investigate the source of the smell. I crept downstairs and over to the kitchen entrance to peek inside.

I saw a shirtless James standing in front of the stove. I walked forward and sat down at the island without making a noise. I watched him quietly as he flipped a few pancakes and placed them on a plate beside the stove. I had to admit. The man was handsome. He had a chisled body. I knew that he went to the gym ever other day and he jogged in the mornings when he had time. He looked amazing.  But still, I couldn't see myself being with him on my own accord. My thoughts instantly went to Mr. Matthews. I sighed quietly.

With that he finally turned around and jumped while grabbing at his chest. Oops. Wasn't trying to give him a heart attack.

"Jesus Nikki! You scared me. Why didn't you make a sound? Ya know. Like a cough or something." He looked at me wide eyes. I laughed at his face. "My bad. I didn't realize I was that steathly." Ha! Total lie. I know I'm steathly. He rolled his eyes at me and went back to cooking. I just sat and watched until he was done.

He grabbed two plates out of the cabinet and put some food on them and handed me one of them. He then took a seat beside me and we began to eat in silence. When we were finished he washed both of our plates.

I was beginning to wonder if he was going to mention last night, but he finally turned around and smiled at me. "So. Last night was fun." I was suprised by his choice of words. What is he? Twenty? I smiled at him. "Yeah. It was." He walked to me and pushed himself between my legs. I decided to play along and wrap my arms around his waist. "Is Amanda still asleep?" He asked. "Yeah. She's out cold." I smiled into his chest. I was proud of myself. I knew to give her an extra dose so that James' and I could have our time in the morning.

Yeah I know. I'm sneaky AND good.  He pulled back and leaned down to kiss me. The kiss lasted for a while but it wasn't as urgent as last night. This kiss was slow, warm. Almost like he was developing feelings for me. This scared me. But to bad for him, I'm just here to seduce him.

When he pulled back he pressed his forehead to mine and stared into my eyes. He sighed. "How did you manage to pull me in, in this short of time?" He whispered. Because I need to know what the hell is in your shed. "You had me when you opened up the door." I smiled a small smile. His eyes lit up and I knew I had him. He pecked me on the lips and pulled me into a hug.

When he finally pulled back he sighed. "Alright. You should go wake Amanda up now." I nodded and headed upstairs to wake her. When I walked in she was still in the same position I had left her. I walked up to her side of the bed and began shaking her roughly. I knew gently waking her wasn't going to work with the haze of medicine she was in. I also knew she was going to be extremely groggy and she was going to have a slight headache. After about three minutes of shaking her and calling her name, she pried her eyes open.

"Whaaaaaaat do yoooou wuuunnt?" She slurred out slowly rubbing her eyes. "Your father has requested that I wake you so....GET THE HELL UP!" I yelled. When she groaned loudly I began laughing. She slowly sat up glaring at me. "Okay. It's official. You have now upgraded to best friend. "Friends" wouldn't yell at me to get the hell up." I began laughing harder and fell on the floor. Her face was priceless. I was suprised that she called me her best friend just because I gave her a rude awakening. I actually felt a little happy about it. But I didn't need to get any closer to her than this though.

I sighed. "Alright. The food downstairs is  probably cold now so-" My phone started ringing and I walked over to the computer desk and answered it.

"Hello?"  "Ariabella. It's John. Dan called and told me about your advance in the mission. I understand that you have made it into the house. Have you found anything?" John Redman is my boss. He's the one who gives me missions and orders. I looked at Amanda and smiled apologetically. I knew I couldn't say anything in front of her so I did the only thing that I could.

"Alright. I'll see you guys when you get home." I made it seem like my parents were on the phone telling me they were coming home. This did two things. One: It let John know that I couldn't talk about it at the moment and Two: It gave me an excuse to leave Amanda's house.

"I understand. Call me back." John said and hung up. I looked at Amanda. "I'm sorry. I have to leave. My parents are on a flight heading home." She smiled. "I understand. I had so much fun! We should do it again!" I smiled and nodded even though I didn't plan on EVER doing this again. I texted Dan immediately and gathered my things together and walked downstairs to the living room with Amanda.

James, who was sitting on the sofa watching TV, turned to look at us. He noticed my bag and frowned. "You're leaving so soon?" I nodded and Amanda sat down next to her father. "Yeah. Her parents are coming home so she has to go home now." They both looked sad because I was leaving. I almost laughed. James looked up at me. "You come back soon ya hear?" He gave me a look that only I could understand. I saw the heat in his eyes and knew exactly what he meant.

I smiled. "Yes Sir." As soon as I said it the door bell rang and I walked to the front door calling out goodbyes behind me. Never in my life was I so glad to see Dan. I had needed him to come get me when I had bullets flying past my head, but this was the time I was the most glad.

Dan grabbed my bag and put it in the trunk and we pulled off. "How did it go?" He asked. I shook my head and called John back.

"Can you tell me now?" He asked. "Yes, Sir..." and I began explaining about the locks and the sensors and the crate. He too had said James was a crafty bastard for his security system. He agreed that I needed another agent to go check it out. "I'll send another agent out to assist you. But you'll need to drug the girl again and seduce that bastard again to keep him distracted while the other agent goes in to check it out."

I sighed. Just my freaking luck. I agreed and we hung up shortly after that. I had to sleep with him AGAIN?!?! Ugh. I was lost in thought the rest of the way back to the appartment I was currently renting for my mission. But what about Mr. Matthews....