One.

Chapter One:

"The Titan-Shifter, Eren Jeager."

~•~•~•~

You woke up to the sunlight shining through your bedroom window, you stayed in bed for a minute before you decided to get up and take a shower. When you were done you dried yourself before you put on your uniform and headed out to eat breakfast.

In front of the dining hall was a woman who seemed to have been waiting for you, because when you met her, she grabbed your wrist and dragged you into the dining hall, excitement shown in every step she took.

"Hanji, what do you want? I'm hungry, so whatever you want can wait until after i've eaten," you whined.

Hanji quickly sat you down on the table where the other squad leaders and the higher-ups usually sat. When you were about to protest you noticed that there was food laid out in front of you. You sighed in defeat and picked up your piece of bread and took a bite out of it.

"What do you want, Hanji?" you asked after swallowing your bread.

"Are you prepared for the mission we're going on later?" Hanji asks with a broad grin.

Somebody spoke up before you even had the chance to answer, "Don't sound so excited about a mission, shitty glasses, what if you died out there?"

It was Captain Levi.

Hanji completely ignored the Corporal and faced you, waiting for your answer, "Of course I've prepared for the damn mission, what do you take me for?"

Hanji smiled again, "Oh, I don't take you for anything but a good friend, (F/N)!" she leaned in closer to finish the rest of her sentence, whispering it in your ear, "And somebody who glances at shorty frequently."

You bit off a large chunk of your bread, ignoring the last thing she said. Hanji laughed and patted your back as you chewed your food before swallowing it.

Damn you, Hanji...

~•~•~•~

"Whoo!" you yelled as you dogded the hand of the titan that tried to grab you in mid-air, "You missed you lazy slug!"

You shot the hooks of the 3DMG at the titan's nape and propelled yourself forward before you sliced off the ugly thing's nape, some of it's hot blood landing on your hands. You landed on the nearest roof and tucked the blades back into their respective slots.

"(L/N)!"

You glanced at Levi who was clearly calling you, you zipped towards him and landed on the same roof he was in. He glanced at your bloody hands before looking back up at you. You heard the sounds of 3DMG and watched as Petra landed along with two other soldiers.

"Captain Levi! I brougt reinforcements!" she exclaimed.

Levi took his gaze off of you and looked at Petra, "You see those titans over there? You go after them, me and (L/N) are going after the other ones."

Petra nodded and she, along with the two other soldiers zipped away to take down the said titans, Levi looked back at you as if he was waiting for you to do something.

"We are?" you questioned.

"Yes," he said in his usual deadpan voice, "now make yourself useful and follow me."

The two of you zipped towards two titans that immediately acknowledged your presence the moment you had gone too near.

"You take the one on the left, i'll take the one on the right," Levi ordered.