Six.

Chapter Six:

"The Small Light Amidst the Darkness."

~•~•~•~

You had woken up from yet another nightmare, you calmed yourself down and stripped out of your clothes and put on your uniform. You snuck out of your room and you were about to sneak out, when somebody stopped you dead in your tracks.

"Where do you think your going, (L/N)?" Levi questioned.

You turned around and faced the male who was also in his uniform, except he took off his cravat and the straps of the 3DMG.

"I--I...um...well," you looked away, trying to find an answer.

Levi sighed, "Were you trying to sneak out again?"

"No..." you lied.

He grabbed your wrist and begun dragging you away. You obediently walked with the Corporal, knowing full well protesting would lead to absolutely nothing. He stopped in front of his new office and dragged you inside, closing the door behind him.

He leaned against the door, crossing his arms, "Why were you sneaking out again?"

You bit your lip and said nothing to Levi, the male then walked up to you and looked you straight in the eye. You turned away but Levi was quick to respond, moving your chin so you were forced to look at his intense gaze that scared you.

"Tell me," he demanded.

When you didn't say anything, Levi growled irately and pinned you against the wall with so much force that you let out a pained yelp. You whimpered under Levi's intense glare and because of that, Levi's expression softened before he backed away from you.

"...i'm sorry."

"It's fine," you whispered.

"Was it because you had another nightmare?" Levi asked.

You closed your eyes and breathed deeply, "...yes."

Levi was suddenly back to leaning against the door, he crossed his arms and looked at you with his steely blue eyes, as if he was examining you.

Finally, he had spoken again, "Nobody enjoys having nightmares, y'know. Nightmares are basically life's shitty way of throwing what you're afraid of the most at your face by making some sorta performance that revolves around that thing you're afraid of."

"True," you whispered.

"Go and get some sleep, okay?" he asked.

"Okay," you replied, "you get some sleep too, okay?"

"...okay."

~•~•~•~

You were back at your bed, staring into the ceiling, wondering about many things. Mostly about nightmares, but also mostly about a particular raven-haired male with steely blue eyes.

Why does he act so weird? First, he's a douche and he's really annoying, but when it's just the two of us, he becomes a completely different person...why?

Does he have a thing for me?

Nah. Don't get your hopes up.

But why DOES he act differently when we're alone? Is it because he only acts like a douche because he has a reputation he intends to uphold? Or does he act like that because he pitied me because of the situation I was in? Or dare I say it...he LIKES me.

That's a big word, (F/N).

It's not happening, Levi --to put it simply-- is just Levi.