Four.

Chapter Four:

"Dark Days."

~•~•~•~

You awoke from your sleep and immediately sat up, you rubbed your eyes before you couldn't help but let out a yawn. You crawled out of bed and went to take a shower, when you got out of the shower, you put on some clothes and did not find yourself the least bit alarmed that your parents were gone.

It was normal by now.

"I suppose Mommy and Daddy's out again..." you sighed, "but you'll still play with me, right Scruffy?"

You faced your toy puppy and pulled him into a warm hug, then, you stood up and held Scruffy's paw as you walked around, trying to find a certain piece of paper. When you found it, you sat down on a chair with Scruffy sitting on another chair beside you.

You opened the paper and begun reading the letter silently...

Come see us right now in the alley by your house.

"Huh?" you mumbled.

You decided not to question your parents and so you grabbed Scruffy and walked out to the alley by your house. When you peeked into the alley, two rough hands grabbed your soft ones, another hand taking Scruffy away from you.

"No! Scruffy!" you yelled, "Give him back!"

The man who held your toy snickered and forced you to watch as he tore the toy dog apart, all you did was scream and call him things, not caring that you would get in trouble if your parents heard you.

"...(F/N)?"

You faced the source of the familiar voice, only to find your mother and father a few feet away from you. Two men had their hands behind their backs, much like you.

"Mommy? Daddy? What's going on?" you asked, terrified, "Who are they?"

"Listen, honey, I don't know who these people are, but they are bad people, and you must stay away from them, understand?" your mother asked.

"Must you be giving speeches, even before you die, Elizabeth?" the man who tore apart Scruffy asked.

Your mother ignored the man's statement and growled at him, "What the hell do you want from us? Especially our daughter, she's only a child!"

The man snickered again, "Oh we bear no ill-will against your daughter, only you two. We decided, it would be damn funny to let your daughter watch us slaughter you with her own eyes."

Your father's eyes grew wide, "What kind of sick mind do you have!?"

"Mommy? Daddy?" you questioned.

"Listen to me, (F/N), everything will be alright," your mother said reassuringly.

Suddenly, your father began flailing around, trying to escape the grasp of the men who were holding him. The man who tore apart Scruffy scowled before he went over to your father and stabbed him in the stomach, your mother screamed and cried, yelling your father's name over and over again.

The man stabbed your father again, before your father collapsed onto the ground. You watched as your mother looked at you in fear, tears streming down her face. She fought the grip of the two men that were holding her and crying out your name and your father's name. Your father was lying on the ground, lifeless, blood pooling around him.

"(F/N)!" your mother cried out.

"...remember...re--remember okay?..."