Thirteen.

Chapter Thirteen:

"Something About You."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Hanji burst out laughing, clutching her stomach while you smirked, proud of yourself for coming up with that smartass retort. Levi rolled his eyes and left the both of you behind as he walked into the dining hall and got some tea, sitting at his usual table.

"Now, now, don't die on me, Hanji," you said, now slightly worried for the scientist because she could literally laugh herself to death, "...seriously, stop."

Hanji's obnoxious laughing died down and she took deep breaths, at some points she looked like she was about to have a laughing fit again. After a few minutes, the both of you finally walked into the dining hall and got some bread before you followed her to Levi's table where the Corporal and his squad (and Hanji, occasionally) normally sat.

There were three empty spots: one beside Levi, one beside Hanji and one beside Oluo.

You didn't want to sit beside Oluo, because he would either be rambling about how "great of a soldier" he was or make poorly-executed impressions of Levi (which mainly consisted of tongue-clicking). He loved pissing you off as well, so sitting near him was not an option.

Hanji would probably be yelling her ass off Hanji-style but unlike Oluo, you liked her company because she made most boring days in the Survery Corps worthwhile and fun. Albeit her unique personality pissed you off at certain times, you could never bring yourself to hate her.

So you went with the lesser of two evils.

But no; Hanji wasn't gonna have any of it.

Petra, who was about to take the spot next to Oluo, was suddenly grabbed by Hanji and she (Petra) was forced to sit beside the mad scientist. You could see the playful grin on Hanji's face as she gestured the free spot next to Levi. Hanji knew there was no way in hell you were going to sit next to Oluo and she also knew you weren't willing to go another table.

"...sneaky ass," you muttered, making Hanji snicker.

Levi, who had been calmly sipping his tea, only spared you a glance before he continued absentmindedly staring at random Cadets. When you finished eating, you excused yourself from the table and exited the dining hall, joining some of the few Cadets who wanted to go to bed early.

Except you weren't going to bed.

You quietly made your way to the massive roof of the HQ, where you could get a perfect view of the night sky. You sat on the edge of the roof, dangling your legs off the edge. The pale moon slowly made its way to the very top, where everyone could see it. Stars of different sizes dotted the sky here and there, twinkling and shining, although not as bright as the moon.

It was quiet moments like these that you loved the most. Moments where you felt like you could leave your worries and problems behind in favor of getting lost in the moon.

"Brat."

"What is it, Sir?" you asked, not facing him or saluting him.

He clicked his tongue and you decided it'd be best to atleast face him while he was yelling at you, your (e/c) met his harsh, yet mesmerizing steely blue ones. The two of you stared each other down as Levi spoke, neither of you daring to look away.

"Drop the formalities, it bothers me," Levi demanded, "we're both of higher ranks than the other Cadets, so I don't understand why you feel the need to address me formally. It bothers me quite a bit, actually."

You raised your eyebrow, "Oh? The formal thing--it's a habit, really and I'll drop it if you want me to. I often forget that I'm on par with you and the others in terms of rank. And if you were that bothered by it, how come you've only addressed the matter now? I've been doing this for a long time."