Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen:

"His Past."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Levi picked you up and gently carried you to his room before he gently set you down on his bed. His bed - his entire room, rather, smelled great. It was most likely because of the several hundred hours he spends making sure his room was spotless.

He gently kissed your forehead and your eyes suddenly fluttered shut. A silence, a comfortable one enveloped the entire room, allowing you to get lost in your thoughts. You began thinking about Levi, and all his features, that, put together, made him who he was.

You eventually fell, only to be woken up by the sound of shuffling which was coming from Levi's side of the bed,  you carefully looked up only to find Levi himself kissing your forehead gently, it seemed that he didn't know you were awake.

"I love you, (F/N)," he whispered.

You heard his heavy footsteps as he walked away from the bed. You heard him try to open the door as quietly as possible, shutting it behind him afterwards; the sound of his footsteps eventually died out, since he was out of hearing range.

You remained in his bed for a few more seconds before your curiousity got the better of you and you decided to leave the bed, in favor of following Levi. He led you to the rooftop, where, just a short while ago, the both of you had proclaimed your love for each other under the cover of darkness.

Far away, you watched intently as he sat down and look up into the night sky; he sighed loudly before he looked at his own hands. He suddenly slammed his fist against the hard surface of the roof, scaring you. Had something happened? Something you didn't know about?

"..Isabel, Farlan," he muttered as he rubbed his fist with his other hand, "you better be watching me from wherever the hell you guys, you bastards."

When Levi had mentioned two people you were sure you didn't meet before, your brain started formulating several questions, and you wanted answers to those questions; answers from Levi.

It was then that you finally noticed. There was something off about Levi; you could tell from the tone of his voice and how he completely fell apart the moment he was alone. Levi was the kind of person that didn't like opening up, and preferred keeping his problems to himself.

You had never seen him cry, despite the fact he was carrying the weight of the world on his tired shoulders. He always remained void of emotion, maybe because it was easier for him this way, whatever his reason was, you didn't care at all.

All you wanted to do was take his pain away - you wanted to share his burden, no matter how hard it would be. Levi deserved that, Levi deserved somebody who would accept him and all his pain whole-heartedly. Somebody who could, not necessarily take away his pain forever, but drown him in happiness so he could atleast forget about it, even for just a few minutes.

And you were going to be that person.

"Levi?" you called out softly.

You saw Levi's body tense up before he turned around to meet your gaze, and what you had seen shocked you. Levi didn't wear his usual stoic mask, instead, you could see the pain and suffering that he had been trying to lock away for god-knows-how-long.

"(F/N)? I thought you were asleep?" he asked.

You had enough of this. You walked towards him before sitting down beside him. Levi refused to meet your gaze, so you held his hand, having no plans whatsoever of letting it go.

"Levi, what's wrong? Who are Isabel and Farlan?" you asked softly.

He tensed up and his grip on your hand tightened. "They were good friends of mine..back then, even before I had joined the Recon Corps, I had lived in the underground city with Farlan. We stole some 3DMG from somewhere and taught ourselves how to use it. At some point, Isabel ran into our house and after begging, we allowed her to be 'one of us'."

"One day, Erwin and a few of his guys found us and caught me, Isabel, and Farlan, he proposed to allow us to join him in the Recon Corps and I agreed, because of a request. After all three of us joined the Recon Corps, we had begun training for an expedition."

"A few days prior to the expedition, we had a small argument which led to the three of us going to the roof of the HQ at the time and there, under the night sky, we had promised each other that we always had each other's backs. When the day of the expedition came, I left Isabel and Farlan alone to complete the request, but.."

His voice broke.

"..then they had died in the hands of a titan...they were the only friends I've ever had - and they were taken away from me."

Just how long was he carrying this burden? Just how much pain was he suffering? It surprised you that a human being could suffer so much, and yet still remain sane. Levi had lost his two only friends, and from the looks so it, he didn't get over it. What sane person would?

You didn't want him to suffer any longer. You wanted to take all his pain away and fill his heart with love and happiness instead - Levi deserved all that. To live with all that, he was definitely something else. He was strong; and for now, this tired body needed rest.

There was sniffling.

Fresh tears leaked from his steel grey eyes, and you wondered just how long he was holding these tears back; his tears landed on your hand as he let out a broken sob. He finally opened up, and he opened up to you, and you were hellbent on making him laugh after all this.

But for now, you were going to make him feel better. You wrapped your arms around him and he didn't hesitate to return the action. He cried into your shirt, and you allowed him to do so for as long as he wanted. You wanted him to let out all his pain and sorrow and frustration, let it all out.

"I-I've lost the two most important people in my life..all because I decided that a f-fucking request was more important t-than their well-being," he stammered.

"Shh," you urged.

You cradled him in your arms, taking care of him for as long he needed you to. His arms found their way to your waist, pulling you closer towards him. You kissed his tears away, looking directly into his pained gray eyes before you wiped his tears away with your thumb.

"I love you, Levi."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

[ A/N ]:

oh my god guys im so sorry

this was so bad

im just so uninspired

i feel bad :C

three weeks of absences and when i come back you get THIS - this half-assed, poorly thpught out and just in general TERRIBLE chapter

sorry

legit im so sorry

ill try to make up for it

~ Acnologia_Slayer