24. We'll Be Just Fine

*Taylor's POV*

I'm lifting a sleeping Ellie out of the car, just as my Mom opens the door.

"Taylor, honey, are you okay? Did he hurt you?", my Mom asks frantically, as I carry Ellie inside.

I hadn't told her much on the phone, only that we needed to come and stay with them for a while, so she had no idea what had happened. I could have went to my own house in Nashville or to Rhode Island or California, but I just wanted my Mom.

"We're okay Mom", I say, but I'm not fooling anybody. I start crying my eyes out as we walk into the living room. I put Ellie down on the couch and run into my Mom's arms.

We sit down and I tell her everything that happened.

"You two just need some space. I think we both know that Adam loves you and Ellie, and he didn't mean those things when he said them. You and Ellie just stay down here with your Father and I for a while, and then you two can sort things out. I'd love to spend more time with my Grandbaby anyway",my Mom says, looking at Ellie sleeping peacefully on the couch.

I start to feel lightheaded and nauseous all of a sudden, but I shake it off when I see that Ellie is waking up. She's looking frantically around the room, and clearly starting to panic, confused by her surroundings.

"Mommy?", she says, her little voice wavering, sounding scared.

I walk over to her so she can see me, and I pick her up. I notice that her butt is damp, and then I feel her black jeans. They're soaked. She wet herself.

Ellie starts to cry and I kiss her cheek, holding her tight to me.

"I sorry Momma", she sobs.

"It's okay, baby! Everybody has accidents. Isn't that right, Grandma?", I say, looking over at my Mom for some support.

"Absolutely! And it's only on the blanket sweetie, we can just pop it in the wash", she says reassuringly, as she comes over and gives her granddaughter a hug.

"Come on Ellie, let's go take a bath", I say.

Ellie's body stiffens when she hears the word bath, but she relaxes again, remembering that taking a bath is a good thing. She always does that when she hears that word. It was all her biological Father's fault. I didn't want to think about him, so I directed my attention back on Ellie.

"Mommy?", Ellie whispers.

"Yes sweetie?", I ask, as we reach the top of the stairs.

"Do you and Daddy still love each other?", she mumbles, her lips quivering.

"Of course, baby. We'll be just fine. We just need some time to ourselves. You'll see Daddy again soon, okay?", I say, helping her out of her wet jeans in the bathroom.

I start to run the bath and Ellie lifts her arms up and takes off her sweater, and I help her unbutton her flannel shirt.

When she's undressed I lift her into the bath, and start to scrub her body. I leave her sit there and play with the bubbles while I go downstairs and check my phone.

I bring it back up to the bathroom so I can keep an eye on Ellie, and see that I have 26 missed calls. 19 are from Adam, 4 from Karlie, 2 from Selena and one from Gigi. Great. Adam must have told them what happened.

I turn off my phone and lifted my little girl out of the bath, and quickly dried her off with the towel. I changed her into her pyjamas, and plaited her hair, and we went downstairs to make some dinner.

We walk into the kitchen and my Mom is making pasta.

"Smells good", I say, and my Mom looks up, taking Ellie from my arms. "Where's Dad? I haven't even said hi to him yet", I inquire.

"Oh, honey I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you! Your Dad's on a golfing trip with his brothers. He'll be back on Sunday", my Mom says.

I'm a little disappointed that I don't get to see him, but I shrug it off, and set the table for dinner. At least my Mom has company for a couple of days while he's away.

*******

After dinner I put Ellie to sleep in my old bedroom, and come back downstairs afterwards to join my Mom in the living room.

I really don't feel good. I'm dizzy and nauseous.

I miss Adam.

"Taylor, are you okay honey? You don't look very good", my Mom says, looking over at me.

"I'm fine! I think I'm just going to have an early night. A lot happened today", I say with a sigh.

"Of course, sweetie. Take care of yourself, at least for Ellie's sake. You're all she has at the moment", my Mom says kissing me goodnight.

"I know Mom. I'll see you in the morning", I say, before climbing the stairs to my room.

Ellie's asleep in my big bed, and I quickly change and climb in next to her.

I pull her close to me and I breathe in the scent of her strawberry shampoo.

We'll be okay.

*******

I wake up in the middle of the night and check the time on my phone. It's only 4am. I really don't feel good. It's probably just the stress.

I look over at Ellie who's asleep next to me. She looks so peaceful. The poor baby went through a lot yesterday. God, I felt guilty. She hadn't asked any questions about her biological parents yet, even though I know she heard what Adam had said. I had a lot to explain to her.

I think I'm gonna get sick. I run to the bathroom just in time and throw up the entire contents of my stomach. I curl up into a ball next to the toilet and start to cry.

What am I going to do? Ellie needs both of her parents. I have to make things right with Adam.

"Honey, are you okay? What happened?"
My Mom comes into the bathroom and sits down next to me.

"Go back to bed Mom. I'm fine. I don't want you to see me like this", I cry.
I can feel my stomach flip, and I throw up again. My Mom holds back my hair and rubs my back.

"Holy crap, Taylor. Are you pregnant?", my Mom asks.

I look at my Mom and see her expression. She looks worried.

I don't know. Am I pregnant?

---------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger..
Will Taylor go back to Adam?