45. Happy Birthday Mommy

*Taylor's POV*

I wake up to Ellie running into our room, screaming at the top of her lungs.

"It's your birthday Mommy!", she shouts, jumping onto the bed and laying down between Adam and I.

"I know baby", I say laughing, as she wraps her arms around my neck for my birthday cuddles.

"Happy birthday babe", Adam yawns, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"I almost forgot, I made you something!", Ellie says, jumping off the bed and running out of the room.

"No running!", I shout after her, but she doesn't listen.

"How does it feel to be a year older?", Adam whispers seductively into my ear, scooting closer to me and kissing my neck feverishly.

"Stop", I moan, pushing him away.

He continues to kiss my neck, and pulls me onto his lap.

"Later", I whisper, finally finding the will power to get off his lap. "We have kids in the house and one of them is awake", I say, kissing Adam on the cheek.

As if on cue, Ellie comes running back into the room with a messily wrapped parcel.

I smile at her cuteness as she climbs up on the bed and sits on my lap.

"I made you this at school Mommy", she says proudly, handing me the present.

"Oh wow! I wonder what it is. Thank you baby", I say, kissing her head.

I unwrap the paper and inside I find a clay frame that Ellie made and painted in school, with a picture of her and Noah inside. It was taken the day Noah was born, and it was my favourite picture of my kids.

"Do you like it Mommy? I made it in school and Daddy helped me put the picture inside", Ellie says quietly, as she carefully studies my facial expression.

Tears start to run down my cheeks, and I place the frame on my bedside table, wrapping my arms around Ellie and kissing her forehead.

"I love it so much, you sweet girl", I whisper into her hair.

"I made it spesh-ly for your bedside table Mommy", she says, and I give her one more kiss on the cheek.

"It's perfect", I say, smiling as I subconsciously start braiding her hair.

"Let's go get your brother", I whisper, lifting Ellie up and going towards Noah's room.

Ellie gets down from my arms and opens the door, and Noah is standing up in his crib, leaning on the bars with tears stained cheeks.

He had been learning how to stand, but he was still working on taking his first steps. A tiny part of me didn't want him to walk, because I liked to carry my baby everywhere.

Ellie lets me do that anyway because she's always been clingy, but a part of me feels like once Noah learns how to walk, he won't ever want to be held again.

"I'm sorry honey, did we leave you out of all the fun?", I coo, taking Noah in my arms and sniffing his butt.

"I think he needs his bum changed", Ellie giggles, holding her nose and pointing towards the diaper table.