37. Are We Keeping Him?

*Taylor's POV*

"That's it Taylor, one more push", the nurse says.

"I can't", I say, crying, as Adam squeezes my hand tightly.

"You can do this babe", he whispers into my ear, and kisses my forehead.

"Come on Taylor, this baby needs to come out", the nurse gently says.

I use all the strength I have to push, and I feel the baby come all the way out.

I throw my head back on the pillow, waiting to hear the cries of my baby boy.

The nurse gestures for Adam to come over, and I can the see the tears welling up in his eyes.

"What's going on?", I ask, starting to panic. "Why isn't he crying? WHY ISN'T MY BABY CRYING?", I scream.

"I'm so sorry, Taylor. Your baby didn't make it", the nurse says, a sad look in her eyes, as she wraps my stillborn son in a blanket.

"Would you like to say goodbye?", she asks.

"NO! THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. MY BABY IS OKAY", I say.

"Babe, we have to leave him go", Adam says, wrapping his arms around me.

"I SAID, THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. MY BABY IS NOT DEAD", I scream.

"Taylor? Taylor?", Adam shouts, shaking me awake.

I jump up in the hospital bed, and start to cry.

"What happened? Was it a nightmare?", he asks, kissing my forehead.

I nod, and look down at my still very pregnant stomach.

"The baby was a stillborn", I mumble into his chest.

Adam looks at me with sad eyes.

"Don't worry babe. You heard the doctors, everything is going to be fine", he says.

He was right. I had been induced last night, and was currently in the early stages of labour. I was only 2cm dilated, and so far was not in any pain at all.

Just then, I hear little footsteps, and Ellie comes running into my hospital room.

"Mommy!", she says, hopping up on the bed next to me.

"Hey baby", I whisper, kissing the top of her head and breathing in her scent. I had missed her a lot. She lays down beside me and cuddles into me.

"Did you have a good time with Grandma and Grandpa last night?", I ask. She nods and I shower her face in kisses, making her squirm.

Just then, my parents walk into the room.

"Ellie, what did I tell you about running off sweetie?", my Mom asks, looking a little flustered.

"Sorry Gramma", Ellie mumbles into my side.

My mom just rolls her eyes, and chuckles lightly, coming over to hug me.