35. We're Doing this Right Now?

*Adam's POV*

I sit patiently in the hospital waiting room, with Ellie on my lap.
We had come in the ambulance with Taylor, but they wouldn't let me in to the exam room with her because I had Ellie. They offered for a nurse to come and look after her, but I knew that she was terrified and I didn't want to leave her. I had been crying silently, but I was trying to be strong for Taylor and Ellie.

Why do terrible things always happen to good people?

Taylor did not deserve this, especially not twice. Ellie hadn't said a word, and I knew that she thought the hospital was a scary place.

"Are you hungry?", I ask, as she leans into my chest. She shakes her head and continues looking at the ceiling.

I wonder what's going through her head.

"Mr Harris?", a nurse with blonde hair is standing in front of me.

"Please, call me Mr Wiles", I say, standing up and shaking her hand.

"Okay, Mr Wiles, if you would like to follow me this way, the doctor will inform you about what's happening with your fiancée", she says.

I look down at Ellie who is resting her head on my shoulder.

"I can take her. Don't worry she'll be fine", the nurse says, taking Ellie from my arms and handing her to a different nurse.

Ellie starts to panic and cry, but I knew that I had to go and talk to the doctor.

"Ellie, look at Daddy. Mommy is sick, and I need to go and find out what happened so that she can get better", I whisper in her ear.

Ellie nods and is whisked away by the
other nurse, who says something about ice cream, and I follow the nurse to the doctor, who is standing outside a room which I'm assuming is Taylor's.

"Hello sir. I'm your fiancée's doctor, and I have some news for you", he says quietly.

Oh no. She must have definitely lost the baby.

The doctor proceeds.
"You're wife has lost a lot of blood, and we had to put her under temporary anaesthetic because we needed to do quite a large blood transfusion.
We think that the bleeding was caused from severe stress, but we checked on the baby's heartbeat and miraculously, he's absolutely fine", the doctor says.

A smile creeps across my face. My son was going to be okay.

"However, Taylor cannot risk going through another trauma like this, so we need to deliver this baby as soon as possible", he says.

"What? We're doing this right now? But she's only 8 months pregnant, he's not ready to come out yet", I say, panicking slightly.

"Sir, your son already weighs over 5lbs, which is still small, but some babies that are carried to full term are only born weighing about 6lbs, so he should be just fine. He may not even need an incubator", he says, trying to reassure me.

I nod slowly, taking everything in.

"Obviously Taylor is still very weak, and we will have no choice but to deliver by c-section. We will have to wait until she is fully awake to make her aware of our plans", he says.

"Can I see her?", I whisper, a tear rolling down my cheek. I never cry, but over the past month, I had done more crying than I ever have.

"Of course. She's still asleep, but you can sit in the room with her. May I suggest that you call another family member to come and look after your daughter, as you'll probably want to stay overnight with Taylor, and I'll schedule the induction and c-section for early tomorrow morning", the doctor says, smiling, and opens the door into Taylor's private hospital room.

I make a mental note to call Andrea in 5 minutes time, but for now I just need to see Taylor.

I walk into the room and she's laying in bed, clearly still under the anaesthesia.
I stroke her face and kiss her gently on the forehead.

She always looks so peaceful when she's sleeping.

"We're going to meet our son sooner than we thought, babe", I whisper.

__________________________

Phew, that was close. There was no way I could go through with killing another Swift-Wiles baby.

Name suggestions for baby boy??