Chapter 2

Three weeks later

"Hey Raven wait up!" Isla hollered at me from down the hall. I stopped and turned around and saw my friend from Ravenclaw bounce up the hallway with a grin on her face. Isla was shorter than me and I was pretty average height for my age; she had bright, mousy brown hair and piercing silver eyes that looked like they could see the inside of your soul but she was a hyper girl with a strong love for magical creatures and extremely smart.

"Hey Isla, how are you today?" I greeted with a smile.

"I'm good, I'm just heading off to Professor Quirrell's class," she replied, catching up with me. I didn't care much for the teacher but I loved Defense Against the Darks. I loved learning new ways to kick Slytherin's butts even though it wasn't very Hufflepuff of me to want to take part in violence it still felt good whenever Fred, George and I pranked the first years - especially that Malfoy boy.

"Really? Have fun I'm on my way Snape's class," I groaned.

"You hate potions? You're really good at Potion making though," Isla pointed out. Shrugging my shoulders and we continued to walk together until I reached my potions classroom, then bade the other our farewell. Before walking into Snape's class, a sense of fulfillment went through my body. After our first night in the castle, I wrote to my grandparents apologizing and they had replied with an apology and life just felt light and airy. Finally, I walked in and took a seat next Grace and pulled out last night's homework when I set it on my desk I noticed that the new letter from my grandparents was stuck to it. I quietly murmured a spell that released my homework and the letter. I hadn't had a chance to read it but I put it in my mental to do list after classes.

"Today class we are going to be making a little potion that will help plants grow," Snape's low monotonous voice grumbled through the room. In an orderly fashion, we all got our cauldrons and ingredients. I did as the recipe said and while I was stirring it for the last time it said the potion should turn into a light green color. Peering into my cauldron, I noticed that instead of a light green color my potion was black and it was bubbling. I panicked, not knowing what to do so I just kept stirring and sped up my pace, hoping that it eventually turn into the color that I need but as my luck would have the potion exploded in my face and all over my robes. The other houses started to laugh while Grace started asking if I was alright; so much for being good at potion making. I thought to myself with a heavy sigh. Professor Snape walked over to me and glowered down at me like he did everyone else.

"Get yourself cleaned up, then come back and clean up your mess," he instructed with a snap. Sheepishly I nodded and looked towards the ground.

"Yes sir," I muttered then walked out of the classroom and ran straight into the Girl's Bathroom. I turned on the faucet and started to scrub the potion off of my face but it wouldn't come off. "Oh no," I muttered "Please, please come off," I begged quietly but the potion would not come off. Before I thought of completely breaking down, I tried to think of a different way to get it off. I pulled out my wand and pointed at my face and muttered a spell. "Evanesco," suddenly I felt like something was missing. I looked back at the mirror and saw that potion was gone so was the torso of my body. I screamed then finally decided that it was time to break down. I hid in one of the bathroom stalls and started to cry. I felt kind of stupid for crying but then again half of my body was gone.

"Hello? Is anyone in here?" Cedric called out. Immediately I stopped crying and waited for him to leave but I only heard him come closer. "I know you're in here, whoever you are, I heard you crying, please come out I just want to help." I knew he wasn't going go away unless I answered him.

"Go away Cedric," I snapped.

"Raven? Is that you? What's wrong? Why are crying? I just want to help," he stated earnestly. I scoffed at him then replied.