Chapter Twenty Six

The next morning I had forgotten that George crept into my bed. So when I heard someone else's breathing and felt someone else's arm, I quickly started to panic. I turned my head to see who the stranger was and when I saw his ginger hair my mouth released a quiet chuckle and I snuggled closer to him, which actually caused him to stir. 

"What? Huh?" he mumbled, I turned to face and softly planted my finger on his lips. 

"Shh, nothing go back to sleep," I whispered, as I turned my back to him again and tried to go back to sleep but my body wouldn't see it done so I continued to lay in his arms, content and happy until he too finally woke up. I turned to him and smiled. 

"Good morning," I smiled, George smiled back and kissed me softly. 

"Good morning," he replied softly. 

"Does Fred know that you spent the night?" I asked him in the same soft whisper. 

"Yeah, I told him that if I was going to die then I wanted to have a taste of what my life was going to be like," he grinned as he explained. I grinned thinking about the happy days we might have had. 

"I don't want to leave, let's just stay here for today, forget the world and just hold each other, who knows how much time we'll have left." George squeezed me between his arms and kissed my hair. 

"I agree I'm not leaving until someone forces us out of the bed, deal?" 

"Deal," I sealed the promise with a light kiss on his mouth and turned my whole body towards his face. I outlined his face my fingers, I traced every feature of his face - even his ear and the hole where the ear was supposed to be. "You know I think you look better without two ears," I pointed out. George laughed cynically at my comment. "You do - plus I can finally tell, which twin you are so don't ever feel bad about the ear." 

"I've never felt bad about my bloody ear I had more important things to think about." All of the sudden there was a crack near the door. We both froze and pretended to be asleep, slowed our breathing and relaxed in each other's arms as we heard the door squeak open. I feared that it would be Molly or Arthur and I imagined them screaming at the scandal that they thought had taken place but I kept my eyes shut. The person walked through the door and a wet cold sensation splattered on me and George, our eyes snapped open and we both sat up in the bed and saw the laughing Fred trying to stay standing. 

"Fred!" George and I both screamed. We should've seen it coming but failed to do anything about it. We looked at how ridiculous we looked and soon enough we were all laughing at each other. After a while Molly walked in to see what the ruckus was but she immediately went to George and me in the same bed soaking wet. 

"What's going on in here?" she demanded, angrily; we all looked at each other for some sort of answer but could convey none. 

"Molly this isn't what you think it is," I hurried to say but she had held her had up to stop me. 

"George Fabian Weasley I am going to ask you a question and I don't care what the answer is I want an honest answer," she spoke calmly but her insides were not calm. 

"Shoot mum," he replied coolly leaning on his elbows. Molly took a deep breath and placed her arms acrossed her chest.

"Are you still a Virgin?" she asked in the same tight calm voice. George's face turned bright red and I started to laugh quietly. 

"Yeah Mum, Raven and I haven't done anything like that, we're both waiting patiently, I just wanted to see what it was like to sleep next to the person I love," he answered, kind of sheepishly. Molly eyed us both with suspicion then finally left us all alone. When we heard her go down the stairs we all looked at one another then finally burst out laughing. After we were all done laughing, I opened the covers and stretched, feeling each bone in my spine crack, my back kind of felt stiff and my neck was suffering the same fate.