Chapter Thirty One!

When the sun gave light to my room, I stirred lightly and eventually blinked at the incoming light. Wiped away the dried tears around my eyes and stretched determined to get out of bed but couldn't find the strength to, I spotted Snape's diary lying on the floor, I rolled to the edge of the bed grabbed it off of the floor and opened it to where I had last left off. The next page was sloppily written and was smeared; it had been harder to read than the last entry.

She's gone... I can't believe that they didn't keep their promises..... Voldemort I expected but not Dumbledore... Though some good – believe it or not came out of tonight... Lily blessed me with a daughter. I'm angry though that she didn't tell me about her but I also know that it was for her own safety... She looks quite like me you know.... In the little girl's pocket I found a letter written in Lily's hand.... I've posted the letter in the back of this book...

Before I could read on, my hands flipped to the back of the ink filled pages and carefully pulled out a letter that had been read too many times. I read the front of it:

Serena Faye Evans

From Lily Potter.

I opened it, assuming that Serena was me. I read it slowly and carefully.

                Dearest Serena, I do hope Severus keeps your name Serena, James and I quite liked it. It is my hope that whenever you are feeling like the whole world is against you, if you ever feel like you are a disappoint to me (and if you're anything like your father then you will feel that way at least once), I want you to know that darling you are not a mistake. I did love your father but because of the choices he's made I had to leave him but little did I know that a joy was baking in my stomach. Sweetheart, you mustn't ever hate your father, Severus was in a dark place and I can only hope that my death will be a sign to him that this is not the right path. I am quite proud to die for your half-brother and you, James said that he would die for you too even though he isn't your father. Serena, there are times when the world is going to be a dark place but an old friend once told me that light can be seen from even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. There will be a time when you will need to turn on your light.  I wish that I could pour my love into this letter, every last drop of it but time is running short, keep this letter close to you and remember me always.

Forever, Lily Evans Potter

I held in my tears and went back to the Snape's Journal entry then thought, 'where did she get Serena from? It's a ghastly name'.

There is no way I am cursing my daughter with that name but I am no good at coming up with names for children let alone my own child! Well since she has black hair like me I guess the appropriate name to call her is shadow or no, no I like Raven. Yes, her name will now be Raven Faye Evans. I dropped her off at Lily's parent's house, I can trust them and I'm sure the Dark Lord won't attack them but if they should then I'll have to take it upon myself and do it but only if something happens to them. She doesn't need to be made fun of by kids because her father is the Potions Master and I won't have any rumors going about the school. She'll be happier too if she doesn't know...

~ Severus Snape

    Frustration filled me to my ears as I read the last sentences. I wish he could've known how wrong he was! What I wanted more than anything in life was to know who my father and the whole time he had been in front of me! I don't know why I just didn't guess in the first place.  

         Stifling back some more tears I dragged myself out of bed washed up and took a long walk around the block, thinking, looking, more thinking... I needed to do something with my life. I couldn't just sulk around and wait for George to snap out of his depression or wait for him to fall in love with me again – which seemed doubtful that he would. I sat down on a park bench watching the muggle cars go by and the families walk together – I envied them. I wanted my own family but I couldn't even think about love or having a family without thinking about George, which made my sore heart twist in pain. By the time I had received the strength to go to the Kitchen a black owl was sitting on the table with a letter attached to its leg, I prayed that it wasn't from George or anyone with the last name Weasley. It was from my grandmother informing me about the address of her home and wishing me well. I scoffed at the last bit. If she asked about George tonight, I would have to lie unless she wanted to see me burst into tears and me being a grown women needed to act like so.