Chapter Twenty Nine: Memories of a Father

HEY GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY, I'M SO BLESSED TO HAVE THIS MANY READERS!!! DON'T BE AFRAID TO VOTE or COMMENT!! ENJOY THIS!

            I woke up the floor of what used to be the Hospital Wing. The sun was shining but I didn't care, I didn't want to move. I didn't care, George didn't want me anymore, I was all alone, with my brother and father dead, and I didn't care anymore. Oh stop being such a sap I told myself.  I knew that I needed to be a strong woman so I needed to act like it. I stood up slowly, looking around at my surroundings. I walked around, not really sure where I wanted to go or where I should go.  I put my hands in the pocket of my torn up jeans and was surprised to find something lingering within them. It had been the flask that contained some of my dad's memories, I needed to see them. Starting towards Dumbledore's office I caught sight of a familiar head of untidy dark hair. I'm dead.  I realized, with a some what happy tone. It made sense for me to be dead. Seeing my dad, brother and others I cared about dead combined with the cruciastus curse I must've died.

"Harry!" I called out to him; he turned smiled and embraced me tightly.

"Raven, I'm so happy you're awake, we were all so worried that you might not wake up especially George. He didn't leave your side until it was time for them to bury Fred. Are you going to see Snape's memories?" he asked, this is when I became completely baffled. Standing back from him, I took another look around - a closer look.

"Wait so I'm not dead?" I asked him, Harry chuckled. 

"Uh no..."

"But I saw your dead body and then I - uh...." I was lost for words. Come to think of it, it would've been a weird kind of heaven to be stuck at Hogwarts with the rest of its fallen, so I guess living made sense to.

"Oh I was faking it the whole time, I was never dead after I heard your screaming ceased and after Neville gave his speech I jumped up and I killed him – Voldemort I mean." He made it sound like he finished a test in Potions class but I smiled nonetheless. It  was good news but the good news couldn't diminish the ache of my broken heart.

"Harry, do you know if I could still see Snape's memories?" I asked him, changing the subject.

"Sure, follow me." As my feet followed my brother, my eyes met the faces of people that I knew that were still alive, sure I had been happy for their safety but my heart just couldn't feel that joy. Oh please girl, at least you had some time with George, what did your father get? I began to think a little bit dirty on that part, but I wasn't wrong....

"Just walk up those stairs, dump them out and put your face inside the Pensive," he instructed with a small smile. 

"Thanks, Harry, I'll see you later?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder. Harry nodded and turned to leave.

"Yeah, oh and Raven?" He called at the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes?" I responded my body turned at an angle.

"When Sirius died he gave me Grimmuald Place and I want you to have it -  for you and George I mean," An arrow of pain reminded me that we wouldn't be using that house but I didn't want to talk to Harry about it, I needed to see my father.

"Thank you Harry, I'm touched at your charity."

"Don't think of it as a charity, consider it a Wedding present," he grinned. It couldn't wait, the truth had to come out. He needed to find out from me and not anyone else.

"Harry I – uh don't think that there is going to be a wedding," I whispered, feeling the pang of heart break in my chest again. Tears started to spill as Harry climbed the stairs again and rested his hand on my shoulder and smiled comfortingly.