Chapter 18

Snape's glare expression suddenly eased and turned into his usual sulking look but the look didn't reach his eyes. Snape's dark eyes had a sense of joy in them and surprisingly it made me feel good. I didn't know how to explain myself to him, didn't know what to say in general.

"Hello father," I smiled weakly.

"How much did you hear?" he asked slowly and softly, his eyebrows arched accusingly.

"I didn't hear anything," I lied. Snape saw right through my lie like a reflection sees itself in a mirror. Snape furrowed his eyebrows unconvinced, I let out a breath of defeat and told him what I really heard.

"Who was the 'she' you were talking about in there?" I asked him as we were leaving Dumbledore's office, Snape stiffened at my question but immediately relaxed again.

"I don't know what you are referring to," Snape lied, relaxed his face and started to walk at a quicker pace.

"Yes you do, come on just tell me, who am I going to tell?" I urged him to tell me but he was being stubborn about it so I decided to drop it.

We walked back to the Teacher's Headquarters in silence and when we arrived I noticed an Owl was sitting on a desk. I strode toward the owl, thinking about what to say to George in my apology. It had been my fault but then again, if he hadn't made me tell him the real reason then we would've had a better afternoon but I should just trust him and not get so paranoid about the whole thing. I untied the letter from the owl's leg and read that the letter had been sent from George.

Dear Raven,

I'm so sorry about getting upset in Diagon Alley today, I should've been understanding about your fear and your baggage. I just thought that you would have a little more trust in me but then Fred reminded me what you went through and how that messed up you were after and now I understand why you would think the way you think. I'm really sorry, please forgive me. I told you in the rain that I would wait and that I would be patient and this afternoon was a bloody misstep.

Love, George

I pressed the letter close to my heart then quickly grabbed the first piece of parchment I could find and I started to write him back. When I was finished I strapped the letter to the owl and let it fly back to George. I watched the owl fly into the night until it was out of sight.

"Are you still seeing the Weasley boy?" Snape asked from his chair pulling up a newspaper, I smiled then nodded at him.

"Father, I'm going to tell Harry about you, this school year," I mentioned. Once again Snape's body tensed up, and this time his eyes were also cold.

"You will not," he stated flatly, folding his newspaper in half.

"I will, Harry's my brother, he needs someone who he can trust and I can be that person, but I need to tell him first, I've been neglecting it for four years now, I need to tell him, I promised Sirius that I would tell him."

"Do you really think that he'll believe you?" He asked, slowly putting the paper back up to his nose.

"Why wouldn't he? Why would I lie about who my father is?" I challenged.

"What do you think will happen when he finds out?" It was the same question I asked myself for years. I still didn't have an answer so I shrugged.

"I don't know but I can't keep lying to him. His friends - people who care about him can't keep lying to him either," I explained, wrapping my arms around my chest and backing up into a chair, in doing so my homemade picture of Snape, mom and I was exposed on the floor. I forgot that I didn't put it back in my scrapbook after getting back here.