Chapter Twenty Three

The day of the wedding had been fastest day of my life. Everyone was either getting dressed or helping with the tent outside or help preparing the food I could only imagine how busy my own wedding would be. My dress had been a velvet red color that swept passed my calves  the sleeves were only ¾ long and were were completely lace. The neckline went a little lower than I had been used to but it didn't bother me too much. I wore black flats which contained embedded white lace around them.  I curled my midnight black hair then tied half of it up; there wasn't much I could do with all my hair. While standing in the mirror I gathered my bangs and pinned them to one side of my head. My bangs almost reached the bottom of my face, they were getting too long, and I needed to cut them soon along with the rest of my hair. Finally I put on some medium red lip stick that made my face pop out, and then I hesitantly walked down stairs to meet George at the bottom. I noticed Harry and Ginny kissing and I smiled at the fact that my little brother was falling in love.

"Morning..." George greeted them while sipping his coffee, the two broke apart shocked at the intrusion. I went to the bottom and stood next to George.

"Oh George, let them have their fun, who knows the last time he's going to be able to kiss her like that," I commented from the bottom of the stairs.

"Raven... wow..." Harry commented, which caused George to finally turn and look at me and he seemed mesmerized.

"Am I dreaming or are you really wearing make up?" he asked, with a slight chuckle in his tone. I stood right next to George as he laughed. Wrapping one arm around his waist, I placed the other on his chest, playfully pushing him.

"Oh do you want me to pinch you?" I asked sarcastically but actually pinched his side playfully, he flinched away from me while I chuckled and tried to do it again but this time he dodged me and grabbed my wrists then turned them cross across my lower stomach. "This isn't a dream and the make-up thing isn't going to happen regularly so don't get use to it. Now come one we have a wedding to get too." I tried to release myself from him but George's grip tightened around my wrists.

"The wedding doesn't start for a couple of hours, why don't we start planning ours?" he suggested. I smiled and truth be told that I wanted to start but the fear of losing him still hung in the air and I didn't want to risk it.

"Why don't you and I survive the war first and then we'll make plans alright?"

"At least tell me when you want it."

"Spring time," I responded.

"Spring? Why spring?" he asked curiously.

"Because spring is the symbol for rebirth," I answered back. "And the weather is nice," I added.

Three hours later

                Fleur walked down the long aisle and into the tent where the service took place. I sat between Fred and George and held George's hand while slightly paying attention my mind drifted onto my own version of my wedding. I imagined my own very small, with all of my school friends, and my father, my brother and such. I even imagined my mother, grandparents and even Sirius being there (even though that would be impossible). I didn't really know where I wanted to have it but I imagined a spring setting with a few clouds in the sky. Nothing going wrong, not one thing, I imagined the reception being spectacular, a tent much like the one Fleur and Bill getting married in only not as big. The idea seemed wonderful but I didn't really care about the wedding itself, just as long as George came home alive then that's all the mattered to me.

                Finally Bill and Fleur were married and the tent was transformed into a reception area with tables set up and music playing and most importantly, Aurors guarding the entrance, which brought me some piece of mind. George and I did some kind of jig that I didn't know the name of but I strangely knew what to do. I talked with Luna and her father for a while and he told me about the Quibbler and the kind of stuff they wrote about and then Luna noticed my ring.