Chp 3: Life Changed Forever

Your day drags on, as you walk from class to class in your muddy clothes. You get a few weird stares now and then but most people just ignore how muddy you are. Throughout the day, you get a load of "happy birthday Madison!!" and a few presents from some of your close friends. 

When the bell finally rings you rush to your car. All you want to do, is go home. Your "best birthday ever" has turned into your worst birthday ever. You looked for Christa and Lexi in the halls when school ended but couldn't find them anywhere. You eventually just gave up and drove home-avoiding the mud puddle of course:)

Instead of a quick 10 minute ride home, it took you 45 minutes. You usually get home at 4:00pm on the dot, but today, you got home at 5. All because of a stupid traffic jam. Of course this would happen on your birthday right? All you want to do is go home and curl up in bed and watch movies with your two best friends, but they ditched you on your birthday, your big day.

You walk through the front door and notice your house is completely quiet. You note that it was very strange because both your parents, and older brother, Cole's car was home. You slowly walk into the kitchen very cautious trying to figure out what was wrong. You take one step into the kitchen and BOOM the lights pop on and you see Lexi and Christa and your whole family just grinning at you.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You just stand there, hoping someone will explain to you whats going on. Then James, (your little brother) just walks up to you and hands you a medium size box.

You confusingly take the box from James. "What is this?" you ask. Everyone just keeps grinning at you. "Just open it Madison" Cole says. You slowly open the box and find a bunch of little pieces of foam. You dig through the foam until you see an envelope. 

All the envelope says is your name. Right when you open the envelope your whole life changed forever right then without you even realizing it.