1, New school

Katie POV

Usually I would have turned down the opportunity to tell the story of my last year of high school, given how traumatic it ended up being. However it was a new year , new people, and, for once, no uniforms.

I had on a black skater skirt, a black tank top, and a dark blue flannel.  I also wore black tights black booties and a black backpack and my favorite aviators.

So what if I like black? Is that such a crime? The only black I had last year that you could see would have been my finger nails and backpack.

I was in the car with my best friend Allie when I heard the news. The radio blasted the story that the only other school in our district had been consumed in a fire from the pottery room. This meant that all the kids would be transferring to my school starting today. This also meant my stupid cousin and his stupid friends would be there to poke at me for eight hours a day, 36 weeks a year.

"Why did that stupid school have burn down?" I asked Allie in a mad tone.

"How did no one foresee that school burning down. They didn't do anything to fix it after the earthquake two years ago. It's not like they just decided to come to our school. they don't have any choice." said  Allie

"God, I'm so glad this our last year here"

"Me too"

After that we entered the school parking lot  one of Allie's favorite songs  Heaven Knows  by  The Pretty Reckless came on the radio. She only likes them because the lead singer is Jenny from Gossip girl, but it's whatever.

"Turn it up!" My best friend in the passenger side jumped and screamed with excitement in her seat

I laughed "Okay, Calm down girl." I turned it up and Allie belted it out. I rolled my eyes as I scoured the parking lot for an open space

As the song ended, I saw all-too-familiar Motorcycles parked near the entrance of the school. I grumbled under my breath and almost ran into a small pack of freshman.

"Hurry up, let's find a spot to park. Hey move it!" Allie yelled. She waved a hand in my face to try and wake me up from my thoughts. Even though she's wasn't the one driving, she yelled an apology out the window and I waited for traffic to pass before continuing to attempt parking.

After about 10 minutes we finally found a spot. When we climbed out, a girl with brown hair, a tube top, and a lip piercing almost slammed into the door of my car.

"Watch where you're swinging, slut." she hissed. "This isn't your territory anymore" she pointed out my horribly crooked parking job and sneered "You don't have to take up two whole spaces, you know."

"We always used to be able to find a spot easily. You new people took all the parking places" Allie snapped, coming to my defense. The girl rolled her eyes at us and laughed.

"You still want to act like you own the place, hm? Well, I hope you've seen Mean Girls, because I'm about to go Regina George up in this bitch."

Cocky much?

I clenched my fist, poised to take aim. But Allie grabbed my arm. "She's not even worth it. Anger management classes paid off last year, lets not mess up your streak. Come on. We have 10 minutes to get to class" Allie told me. I sighed and locked the car.

"Fine"

Lip piercing girl smiled and waved her perfectly manicured purple fingers at us. "Ta ta. I'll be sure you're the first to burn"

"Kinda ironic since your school was the one set ablaze." I replied. Without a second glance,  Allie and I walked toward the doors of Silver Peak High School.

"Let's go before you know who sees us"  I whispered.

"Oh, like your cousin and his group of hot bad boys, which I have to say are pretty hot." Allie said loudly.

Yep my cousin is one of THOSE bad boys, I hate even thinking it because he's friends are so cliché

"How would you know if there hot.?" I ask Allie

"We'll I go to party's. Unlike you who stays home and watches horror movies over and over again" she said in disgusted

That my perfect kinda movie. Horror, I love it and it's scares the hell out of her so it makes me even more happy to watch them.

I smiled a little "Ya okay. Let's just go " I say pulling Allie along to the steps of the school

"Fine. Hey what's your first cla-

" Katie? "

Oh fudge biscuits!

***