12, In Style

Katie

I picked up Amy and Josh at their house, they both got in at the same time with Amy in the front and Josh in the back. The drive to school was quick, when I drove into school I could see everyone already going inside for school. The parking lot was definitely still packed so finding a parking spot was even harder. Lucky for me, Allie got her car fixed and saved me a parking spot. I smiled parking my car next to her's. When I turned off my car Amy and Josh got out right away, still having a conversation about something I totally wasn't listening to.

I got out of my car and went passed Amy and josh still having a conversation as I slung my backpack on my shoulders and stopped behind Allie who was too into the science book she was reading to even noticed we pulled up.

"Boo!" 

With a little yelp from Allie, her book fell right out of her hands onto the parking lot floor. Allie turned her head over her shoulder to see me, before rolling her eyes and bending over to grab her book off the ground. She closed it and stuffed the book under her arm turning around to face me. Giving me a stern look " What the hell Katie"

Leaving me with Allie, Amy and Josh waved us goodbye as they continued whatever was so important to stick around for. They waved as a goodbye as they walked side by side down the parking lot to the school. now I'm really wondering what there talking about. I should have paid more attention to the car 

shaking my head I turned my attention back to Allie and slung my arm over her shoulder laughing  "Allie, it was kinda funny"

"No it wasn't," she said sighing at me

"It was"

"Nope"

"Yep"

"Katie. Come on"

I giggled "What!" raising my hands in defense. Suddenly a roar from a motorcycle came from the distance. looking up to the entrance of the parking lot I knew it was these dumb boys who just ended our school, wearing leather and all its glory. I rolled my eyes God can my life be any more of a cliche.

I and Allie watched as they pulled up to there spots around the corner of the building, and now that I look around almost everyone in the whole parking log was watching them. I watched them take off their helmets one by one. First Mason then Reece then Jesse and Cooper and Ryed took off their helmets at about the same time. But what surprised me was Ace who strolled in last, he wasn't even with them last time I saw them. he got off his bike and of course, he wasn't wearing a helmet. Something was definitely mysterious about this guy. I just couldn't put my finger on it. I even remember from the other night, I still couldn't figure out why Jesse said his fear was love. Why would that be what he's afraid of?

I watched as his hand ran threw his dark black hair. He turned around from his friends. His grey eyes scanned the parking lot. His. I watched him watch the people around us stare at them, which I was also doing the same until his eyes stopped. Which I noticed where now looking right at me.  watching me, like I'm watching him. For a reason I didn't know, I didn't look away from him and he didn't either. It felt like a long time neither of us breaking eye contact as we stared at each other from across the lot. Ryder came up behind him and nudged his shoulder making Ace break contact first turning around to face Ryder and the other guys.

I swallowed, looking down at my feet until I turned back around to look at Allie who looked at me very shocked

I shrugged, looking at her "What?" I said

She smiled once, then put her book back in her backpack " You know you were looking you cousin's friend for a very long time and he was looking at you. It was like you were the last cookie on his plate." I looked at her then back at Ace and his friends. I watched him as and he crossed his arms over his chest and chuckled at whatever his friends were saying. He kept his face straight and leaned his back against one of the motorcycles. His eyes caught mine again like he knew I saw watching, His eyes glazed over mine "You guys are doing it again"