Imagine

Not actually a text, but please, please do this for me...

Imagine you were sitting at your breakfast table eating frosties. You had your tablet in front of you, and you wanted an uplifting song for the day, as you had an interview for college that day. And cross country. It wasn't looking great.

Your dad suggested to you that you should try some Queen, so you put on Don't Stop Me Now. It was cheerful enough.

Your dad was sitting at his computer as you tapped your feet along to the sound. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad, but you were nervous about the interview. What if you didn't get into college? You had no back up plan.

"Hey Y/N, someone just posted that David Bowie died." Your dad informed you, sounding casual. You almost spat out your frosties.

"Wh- Has he!?" You wanted to run away, but he sounded so casual it was probably just nothing.

"Nah, it was just one comment. Look, they edited him as the goblin king with Ludo, posing as Han Solo and Chewbacca!" He pointed out a funny little picture.

"Oh, alright then." And you get back to eating, switching your soundtrack to Bowie, since he was mentioned.

There was a beep after a moment of silence from your tablet, and you noticed that you have a message from your friend Nathan. It read David Bowie's dead!?! mg I'm so sorry ;-;

You stopped breathing. It had to just be a trick, right?

"Oh no, there is another one. Looks like he did die." Your dad shrugged again as you stood up from the table. David Bowie had been with you for everything. He was your first ever crush, he was in your favourite movie for 6 years, you based loads of your life decisions off of his songs. Hell, for 7 years you wanted to be a spaceman.

You ran upstairs to your room and instantly picked up 'Nothing has changed', putting it on your CD player and letting Space Oddity ring through your ears. How could this happen!? Bowie was immortal.

You couldn't pick up your tablet for fear of seeing something you didn't want to. You didn't want to know how he died, in case it was something really painful and sudden, like a heart attack.

You forced back tears as Life on Mars came on, as you needed to keep up your appearance for the interview.

Your first lesson was chemistry, where a few people asked if you'd heard the news. You chose to try and block them out as you burned chlorides. You were going to make this a good day.

Second, you had PE. Cross country. It was raining, it was cold and Bowie was heavy on your heart. But no, of course the teacher still made you go through with it. You ran beside your friend Leah, who tried to chat with you as you went, but she kept bringing him up when you didn't want her to.

Over the next two lessons you were almost in solitary confinement, desperately trying to escape everyone's nagging. It was really the last thing you wanted on your mind.

That was, until lunch. As a prefect, you were often being held in the hall a little late for meetings, so there was nothing unusual, except the projector in the hall was being used for listening to music over lunch. The teacher, (who's really cute by the way) goes "oh, Bowie died so let's put that on".

You're sitting with Leah and your other friend Hannah, who both look over to you.

"How did he die?" Hannah asked you. You didn't want to know, so you just shrugged and looked up to the screen where Fame was playing, and you could feel tears begin to well up inside you again. He couldn't be gone.

"Oh, he had been really quiet about it." Leah shrugged next to you, and you covered your ears. She was going to tell Hannah regardless of what you were doing so you had to block it out. Of course, it managed to reach your ears.

"He had cancer for 18 months." Tears. Tears were everywhere. You could feel a couple of people watching you funny, but you didn't care. 18 months and he never told his fans? How could he? No this isn't his fault! I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

You had to get out of there. Your friends were making little comments like 'aw, y/n you're crying, it'll be alright' but you had to escape. You stood outside, ting not to let anyone talk to you as you got your thoughts together.

There were 10 minutes left of lunch and you looked so red you could officially be classed as a tomato with legs. The interview was in Tehe minutes, yet your friends continued to pester you. The more they annoyed you, the arose you felt. It just wouldn't go away.

After an agonising 10 minutes, yh went to the interview, and the teacher noticed that you'd been crying. When asked what was wring, you simply replied;

"My brother accidentally hit me in the nose."

Despite this, the interview went alright and you were allowed to go home. So you put on your favourite Bowie T-shirt and laid out on the sofa watching labyrinth, crying every time he began to sing.

That was until you decided to go back on your tablet. Your cousin had sent you the link to his last ever song, Lazarus. Yo watched it, finally understanding the video and cried once more. And continued to do so throughout the day.

~~~

Sorry it wasn't very well written, but I was kinda in a hurry to write it, but that's how my day has been. How are you guys coping?

RIP David Bowie, you will forever be in our hearts and in our memories memories; I will love you until my dying day. Xxx

You were a hero.