In My Life...

Hey, well it's been a while, and I know I tend to just write on sad occasions, sorry about that... But this was something that my dad told me on the way home from school, and as soon as he said it I almost burst into tears. If you didn't know already, then I'm sorry to be the one to break the news to you. (I promise I will try and update something funny soon.)

John:

This isn't what we'd usually do, but I think we all wanted to say some things about what happened. If you don't already know, then read on, I guess.

George:

The day we were signed up for a record contract, our producer, George Martin, believed that we had the personalities to become famous, but that we couldn't write a song to save our lives. I guess he was right, we did suck. He published Love Me Do because it was the best we had to offer.

Paul:

Still, he signed us up and published our music, just because he thought we were nice people. And with John's attitude, that wasn't an easy feat.

Ringo:

Yeah, but we became the stars we are today because of him. And some gentle persuasion from Brian, of course. And the image change. And by ditching Stuart and Pete. OK, well I guess we didn't ditch Stuart, but still....

John:

Ringo, don't ramble, this is meant to be sad.

Brian:

Anyway, George Martin took the four scruffy boys from Liverpool, swapped out Pete for Ringo, and set them on the road to fame.

George:

He composed music on lots of our songs, doing instrumentals on the Yellow Submarine album...

Paul:

He taught me how to set up an orchestra for Yesterday, and then helped me compose on Eleanor Rigby, Live and let Die, and many, many, many, many other songs...

Ringo:

And for that we are greatly thankful. George Martin truly deserved the title of the fifth Beatle. So did Brian. And Pete. And Stuart.

John:

And Yoko.

George:

NO. SHE IS NEVER GOING TO BE A FIFTH BEATLE.

Right, we're getting off topic, just say your bit John.

Yoko:

But-

Yoko has been kicked from the chat. (Sorry, I was trying to lighten the mood.)

John:

Right, well I'm pretty sure we can all say that George Martin was the best producer of all time, and a truly amazing, talented, dedicated, musical, influential, brilliant and wonderful person. 

And we will miss him very, very, very much.

Ringo:

God bless George Martin peace and love to Judy and his family, love Ringo and Barbara. George will be missed xxx

JulianL:

So sad to hear the news of George's passing... The fifth Beatle, without question, and likely one of the best and most iconic music producers of all time.

Paul:

I'm so sad to hear the news of the death of dear George Martin. I have so many wonderful memories of this great man that will be with me forever. he was a true gentleman and like a second father to me. he guided the career of the Beatles with such skill and good humour that he became a true friend to me and my family. if anyone earned the title of the fifth Beatle, it was George.

John:

George Martin RIP

♪In my life, I love you more ♪ 

A/N So yeah, I'm really sorry to hear about the death of George Martin. he was such a wonderful man, and I know my world wouldn't be the same without him. my heart goes out to his family, to Paul and Ringo, and to all the devastated fans out there. 

Goodbye George.