Chapter 7

A cold wind blew through the trees knocking some of the leaves off and sending them falling to the ground with a beautiful elegance.
Leon didn't know what to say.
The thoughts that were running through his mind as he stood there with his boots planted in the moist dirt, we so surreal that his brain couldn't process them.
Maria just starred at him, waiting for an answer.
"You've been drinking... I can't give you an answer yet." Said Leon with disappointment in his words.
"Why not...the only reason I was drinking was because I was scared." Said Maria.
She took a few steps towards Leon, trying to meet her eyes with his.
Leon looked away from her, he didn't want to look at her face.
"Ask me again tomorrow I'll tell you then." Said Leon.
"Okay..." Said Maria.
She wrapped her arms around him and nuzzled his neck. Her hands started to linger up to his head and she ran her elegant fingers through Leon's thick dark hair. She planted a few small kisses on his neck and then one on his cheek.
"Stop." Said Leon.
"Hold me please... Its cold."
Leon wrapped his arms around Maria. Leon was strong and his arms made her feel safe.
"Kiss me again...please." Begged Maria.
"Later...let me get you home."
"Okay..."

The two walked back to the party completely silent. However they did remain close. Maria held tight onto Leon's sleeve and wouldn't let go. She looked at the ground,almost as if she was expecting Leon to guide her.