Part One: Song Preference/ Imagine: Endlessly: The Cab (AU)

There's a shop down the street,
where they sell plastic rings,
for a quarter a piece, I swear it.
Yeah, I know that it's cheap,
not like gold in your dreams,
but I hope that you'll still wear it.

***********************************

  You sighed as you entered your dump of a home, exhausted from work. At 24 years old, you have been working almost 24/7 (counting overtime) all the time to be able to keep a roof over both of your heads.

  Yeah, both.

  By both, it meant you and your boyfriend, Harry Styles. He worked at a bakery here in the UK, and even though his boss Barbra helps here and there with a higher paycheck for him, it still isn't enough for both of your payments, combined to keep up with the rent.

  The flat was practically in shambles when you both got it, and your landlord makes you pay a ridiculous amount just for rent.

  Today, you got a raise from your boss, after he found out from a co-worker how your living conditions were. You almost didn't want to accept it, because it felt like charity to you, but he insisted and said it was also for working so hard.

  You managed to gather enough cash beforehand and paid your greedy landlord before coming home.

  You lied down on the couch, your feet exhausted.

"Hey Babe," An attractive and familiar voice greeted.

  You smiled happily as Harry sat next to you on the couch. His chestnut brown hair was up in a man bun, since he returns from work slightly earlier than you do. His green eyes shimmered with delight as you smiled to him. He changed from his work clothes to his comfy tee (that showed his many tattoos on his arm), skinny jeans, and his feet being protected by a pair of white socks.

  "Hey Harry, you look happy," You said, getting up and kissing his perfectly pink lips.

"I am happy," He replied simply, his good mood radiating on you.

  He sat you on his lap and held you tight.

"Y/N, I love you so, so, so much. You make any shitty situation into a great one. You are the smartest, most beautiful woman I have ever met, and I know that our relationship is and will never be perfect, but I want it to last forever."

  He took out a plastic ball that jingled. He placed it on the palm of your hand, and gestured you to open it. You popped off the top and gasped with surprise.

  It was a ring.

  It wasn't a real ring, though. He could never afford a real ring right now, even if he did want to take out a loan. It was a fake, plastic, silver ring with a square fake ruby "jewel" on the center.

"I-I know it's not real, and that it's basically a cheap, plastic toy...thing, but it was one of those quarter prizes from the machines, and I thought it would work for now. But if you don't wear it, I understand. But this is a  Promise Ring, letting you know that I promise to be there for you thick and thin, and to love you no matter what, and that one day, I will gladly call you my wife."

  He slipped it on my ring finger, and you eyes were swelling up with tears.

"I hope you will at least wear it at home." He said, somewhat shy.

"I love it, Harry. I'll wear it everywhere, and show it off to everyone, and you know why?"

"Why?" He asked, genuinely interested.

"Because it shows that even in our darkest of days, you will still love me, and it will show that no matter how real the ring is, it will always show your love for me when I need it most. Thank you Harry, it's beautiful and perfect. I love you too."

  You placed a deep and loving kiss on Harry's lips, while both of your cried tears of joy and love, knowing no matter how hard times will get, you will always will have each other to lean on.