Training

Chapter 5

The trees branches start to unravel from my form making me slightly nostalgic from the loss of the life energy of the tree as I caress the receding branch.

" How did you know it would happen that way little solider?" Garrett asks looking slightly concerned

I grin and look up at him, " If you had listen to my rant earlier I am connected to the tree through its life energy as long as I wear a part of the tree on my person or around me it connects me with the spirit of that tree as long as that tree is shielded i will be as well. I would like to test it further and see if it works with others despite not having the powers that I have."

I note Eddie smiling lovingly at a tired Bella as she leans against his side with his arm wrapped around her. I couldn't help but feel a slight sense of loneliness that comes with being alone for 169 years. I walk over towards Bella and Eddie with Garrett

" Experimenting will have to wait Bella, rest your mind for an hour I would like to do a little training of my own with this old warrior myself." I smirk up at Garrett as he grins

"Okay Vi you go train with the Patriot hope you two lovebirds have fun." Eddie grins

I slightly glare at him and mentally blush,

Thanks Eddie you ass now what is he going to think?

" Oh trust me I already know." Eddie grins taking Bella inside with Nessie

As the crowd starts to disperse Emmett and Rosalie stay and walk towards us, "Mind if we join in the training session?" Emmett grins

" Oh Emmett you stand no chance against me young one." I snicker teasing him

" Oh we will see about that Little Flower."

" Oh great see what you did now Garrett this is your fault." I playfully glare at him.

He laughs, " Well I can't help that is has caught on."

Out of the dispersing vampires I see Bengie and Tia, " Us as well?" Bengie asks.

" The more the merrier." Garrett grins, " Besides i've always wanted to have a good fight with others, both with powers and with strength."

I step away from Garrett's side smirking, " Well if you believe you you can take me on Emmett bring it." I say taking my hand and waving him over tauntingly.

I get into my fighting stance my right leg stretched out in front of me, with my left leg behind me, my right leg supporting my weight with my palms out my left arm stretched behind me and my right arm bent towards my face with my palm facing forward. I look as Emmett steps up getting into his usual fighting stance looking more like a lion stalking its prey then a man preparing for a fight.

Garrett , Rosalie, Bengie and Tia stepping a little further away from us to give us room.

" What is that supposed to be some sort of dance move?" Emmett laughs loudly making it echo in the forrest.

I smirk, " Are you going to get started or are you just going to stand there and watch? You'll see why I've lasted so long in this life young vampire."

That had appeared to have gotten his attention, yes I was taunting him in a very under handed manor but he was taking to long. Suddenly i see him sprint for me, I calm my mind and focus on his movements, to anticipate his first plan of attack. I can see he's going to go for my legs, I wait till he is almost on top of me. Just as he's about to make contact with me I flip over his head and send a flying roundhouse kick to the side of his temple slinging him into a tree causing a loud crash that sounds like thunder and land back in my stance facing him in the same spot that I was in previously.

" Did something happen? Why did you crash into that tree? I didn't realize you were that opposed to dancing Emmett." I smirked with a almost cocky grin.

He glared at me as he gets up shaking the impact off proceeding to come charging at me. So I can see that he plans to try to take me off guard by faking my left side and going for my right. I pivot on my back leg and twirl while my palms hit him on his chest sending him flying backwards. He then gets up sprinting for me wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, I slip through his arms twisting my legs up around his neck and flipping him onto his back landing with my feet on his chest and my teeth at his throat.

" And your dead." I say grinning.

i look behind me as I hear clapping coming from the right where the others are, I get off of Emmett's chest smirking down at Emmett giving him a hand up. I pull him up from the ground giving him a side hug.

" That was a good fight." I smiled

" Where did you learn those moves?" Emmett inquired

" I spent some time in Japan a while back, I figured I would learn some other styles of fighting as a hobby. There was a Japanese Hapkido master that was turned into a vampire before the bombing that took place occurred during World War 2, so that not all of the old ways would be lost. He had amazing self control for a vampire and taught me ways to control my strength so I could battle without truly hurting unless necessary." I grinned.

I turn to face my friends as Garrett walks towards me and Emmett leaves my side going to Rose.

" Dear little solider you have quite the talent for fighting, mind if I give it a go?"

I grinned at him and got back into my stance smirking and motioning him to come towards me.

" Why not Rebel, show me the ways of a Revolutionary."