The Volturi

Chapter 12

The battle is finally upon us, or the day that the Volturi arrive to pass judgement.

We all stand in the snow covered clearing waiting, listening to the forest. I feel the vine underneath my clothes covering my arms, shoulders, waist, and legs. Bella and I had perviously discovered that the vines were more easily concealed and did less to hinder my movements. With me being more covered by the tree's spirit it allows me to channel the energy faster and stronger then just keeping it conformed to my shoulders. Each member of our group has vines wrapped around their core to strengthen the effectiveness of her shield to where it provides a thin layer around the everyone as armor, The wolves each have them attached to their legs. It works much the same way but it wont restrict their breathing since they required it. It also allows for much further distance. I decided to keep closer to Bella so it would be easier for her to project her shield when they arrive, my only goal is to get to Alice and Jasper before the battle if they arrive so parts of the tree can wrap around them so they would be safe as well. I had been working on a more ultimate defense for physical attacks but that would be revealed later.

I suddenly feel the slight tremors that tell the Volturi are nearing the clearing, I look toward Carlisle and nod. I feel Garrett bouncing next to me with our hands clasped together.

" The red coats are coming, the red coats are coming!" Garrett says excitedly

I chuckle

The Volturi walk into the clearing, I look over the familiar faces as they stop when the wolves descend from the trees. I make eye contact with Aro and then hear a growling from across the clearing looking quickly I see Demetri next to Felix. I smirk and tighten my grip around Garretts hand and that elects another growl from Demetri.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilized manner." Carlisle speaks up

" Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us." Are replies

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken." Carlisle says

"We see the child, do not treat us as fools." Caius says

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. You can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifice!" Caius replies angry

"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your new-born mate, I assume you are involved."

Edward walks across the clearing towards the Volutri, I can see Bella's distress as she covers me in the shield, I cut it off to Eddie, Aro needs to see this.

Eddie holds out his hand to Aro as he takes it, we all wait in anticipation and Aro laughs giddily.

" I'd like to meet her." Aro says

Edward turns and looks at Bella and Renesmee, then Bella, Renesmee, Jacob, joined by Emmett and I, walk towards Aro. He grins in delight

"Ah, young Bella. Immortality becomes you, and my dear Violet how wonderful it is to see you."

Aro smiles and then shrieks with laughter as he hears Renesmee's heart beating

" I hear her strange heart." Aro holds out his hand and Renesmee walks closer to him

"Hello, Aro."Renesmee then touches Aro's cheek, using her powers on him, Aro becomes transfixed by what she shows him

"Magnifico. " Aro says in a delighted voice and turns to his army, " Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this new-born, while she was still human."

Aro turns and looks at Bella and I.

"Impossible!" Caius replies in anger raising his voice

"Do you think they fooled me, brother?" Aro says irritated

Bella, Eddie, Jacob, Nesme, Em, and I start to walk back when Aro, speaks up.

" Dear Violet, you are looking well wont you consider joining us?"

I look back towards them about half way between them stopping. I bow lowering myself. " With all due respect Aro i must disincline to acqueste to your request, You see I have found my soul mate and I wish to remain with him."

Aro chuckles happily, " I see you have found your mate, yet he is here with me."

I hear a growl from behind me that radiates loudly through Garrett echoing across the field.

" Dear Aro he is my anima gemella ci sono legati insieme da un filo rosso."

" Ah I see, such a shame that you did not find that in our own." Aro replies

I walk away back towards Garrett, next to Bella, Eddie, Nesme, and Jake. Garrett wraps his arms around me as another growl is heard from Demetri.

" Enough! Bring the Informant forward." Cause says

A/N 

okay so anima gemella ci sono legati insieme da un filo rosso means soulmate tied together by a red string. For those of you that don't know according to the Japanese it symbolizes,  The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break. Violet picked up this theory while in Japan and was entranced by the very idea of this possibility. Okay so I decided to make one more chapter before Alice's Vision, I can't wait to show everyone my idea for Violet's power and how it will help this situation. I felt that she would provide a major game changer to their battle but i'm debating on how it should be carried out. Please continue to read, comment, and vote. I also need more Ideas on which franchises I should make into stories or if I should make another love story for some of the other Twilight characters with one of my other OCs.

Love 

Bree