Campfire War Stories

Chapter 11

The day before the battle was finally here, The test to see if all of our hard work had paid off was upon us. Bella, Edward, Nesme, and Jacob had gone to spend some time with Bella's father to get him out of the area before the battle with his new wife who happens to be Seth and Leah's mother. With the help of Jacob's pack and Sam's we should be able to get the Volturi to stop and listen to the evidence of Nesme being a hybrid instead of an immortal child. I could feel hope in our numbers. Garrett and I had started planning for what we could do after this ordeal, hopeful we wont have to go into hiding but just incase I had a few houses that others could use if need be.

Even with all of the planning for the worse I still feel that Alice and Jasper will come through with looking for more witnesses.

Currently Garrett and I had just finished with some last minute training with Embry and a couple of wolves from Sam's pack. I had grown close to Embry and Seth as they seemed the most playful out of the wolves, they provide a sense of relief in this possibly dark time. Anyway, we had proceeded into the house as it was lunch time for the wolves and a few of the vampires were going in shifts to hunt for some extra strength before the battle tomorrow. We then would be camping at the clearing where the meeting would take place. Well more like waiting overnight since we don't sleep.

The air was permeated with the tension of the coming day, Lovers spending time to themselves just incase the worse should happen. Garrett and I were secluded in a corner, his arms wrapped around me as were mine with my head in the crook of his neck. He whispering in my ear, he says , " When all is over tomorrow whether we win a fight or none occurs, I will follow you to the ends of the earth staying by your side for the rest of eternity. Even if we don't survive tomorrow I will follow you in death where ever it may lead."

I smile pressing against his chest, " So does that mean your going to be a vegetarian with me?"

He chuckles , " If you would like me to be, then I would gladly change my diet for you without a second thought."

" I would like that, it would be easier to live in peace that way."

He tightens his grip on my waist, " Then it shall be done, besides i've grown fond of mountain lion. It's very satisfying, not like Human but its a good substitute."

I laugh lightly, " Just wait until you try Jaguar, we can't eat it very often in fear of decreasing the population but they are extremely delicious."

We turn towards the others as I hear Eddie, Bella, Nesme, Jacob, Seth and Leah return. I guess thats our cue to head towards the clearing.

I disentangle myself from Garrett, keeping my hand in his own, as we head outside and proceed towards the clearing.

——-Time Skip——-

Night has fallen as we all gather around a campfire that Jacob had made.

" So how about we all share some war stories around the Campfire.... Or just stand there like statues ."

I chuckle walking towards a log I had place sitting down with Garrett, " The Civil War was perhaps my favorite war that I had taken place in. Now that was a hell of a war."

Jacob chuckles,

" Name any battle in the U.S. I was there."

" The Battle of Little Bighorn." Jake says

" I was this close to biting Custard, this little assassin beat me to it apparently." Garrett chuckles hugging me close.

" And that was quite the pleasure if I do say so myself." I chuckle

" The Eleven Years war, No one fights like the Irish," Liam says sitting on one of the other .

" Didn't the Irish Loose that war?" Seth asks

" Aye but that was still a hell of a war." Liam replies chuckling"

When we ruled, everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favour-seekers. Such was our power. But we never put on white hats and called ourselves 'saints'." Stefan says

"We were honest about what we were." Vladimir finishes standing next to Stefan.

" At least your honest about it." I reply 

A/N

Okay everyone this is the last chapter before the battle scene, I will have a couple more chapters before I end the book but we are creeping up on the close of the story. Thank you all to my lovely readers for your comments and votes, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I'm thinking about divulging into the Fast and the Furious Series, and possibly doing some Anime stories starting with Naruto but i'm not sure comment and let me know which one I should start first. Thank you all 

Love Bree :)