The Wonders of a Shield

Chapter 7

Over the next couple of weeks Bella and I had continued training her shield, she was now able to to keep her shield up for about 5 minutes. I have been experimenting with ways to include more people into the shield through her shielding me but as of yet we haven't found a way to do it without me holding the person. I had been doing a little experimenting of my own when Bella would leave with Nesme to go see her father.

I had been creating these bracelets as i call them out of the tree and seeing if i can still feel the trees energy while its detached from the tree.

So far my tests have been successful but I have yet to test it using Kate's powers to be sure.

I walk inside the Cullen house looking towards Bella and Edwards who are sitting with Nesme at the piano while she shows them the piece that she was working on. Edward turns towards me reading my thoughts.

" Time for training again?" He asks

I nod to him as Bella flits by my side. I turn towards the door catching Garrett's eye and smile towards him giving him a wink. He chuckles excusing his self from the conversation with Carlisle, following Bella, Edward, Kate, and I outside.

We walk to the training arena that I had decided to call it, and I turn towards them.

" So I have been experimenting with a theory of mine and I would like to test this with Edward, and Kate."

" What would that be?" Bella asks

" I'll show you."

I call on the tree and it wraps around my arms and shoulders again, it then proceeds to detach itself and moves towards Eddie. He looks confused as it wraps around his wrist connecting as it detaches creating a bracelet on his wrist.

" Now Bella I want you to shield only me and both Eddie and I will both touch Kate's hands."

She looks startled, " But wont it hurt him?"

" I'm hoping that it won't."

Bells nodded at me as she focused on shielding my aura, i concentrated on the bracelet the was shielding Eddie. I could feel her shield being funneled into the bracelet as it covered me.

" Okay Kat hit us with all you got!"

" Are you sure this is a good idea?" Eddie asked skeptically

" Eddie if you don't trust me it wont work."

Kate then touches both Eddie and I, I could feel nothing and judging by the surprised expression on his face Eddie couldn't either.

" This is incredible! I can't believe you are doing this!"

We stepped away from Kate and walked towards Bella and Garrett. I bumped knuckles with Bells and smirked at Eddie.

" I can't believe you doubted us Eddie."

I look next to me as Garrett flitted to my side, he picks me up in his arms embracing me and spinning me around slowly.

" You my flower are an amazing creature." He kisses me softly as I wrap my arms around him. I pull away slowly and look towards Bells and Eddie as they hug and kiss each other.

" Okay so now that we know this is possible we are going to have a few sparing matches and see if she can concentrate on me as i'm fighting, and if I can protect Eddie and Emmett. We need to practice war tactics anyway, The Volturi are pretty tough and there is only a few people that are still alive today that have fought with then and haven't died." I stated

As I was talking to Bella in more detail of possible scenarios, I hear the growls of the wolves in the distance, alerting us to a possible threat. I focus on the trees towards the sound of the growling and project my mind outward towards the chase.

" Well speak of the devil and he shall appear, or actually they shall appear." I smirked as I saw one blonde vampire and another black haired vampire entering from the tree line.

" Stephan and Vladimir! my old friends!!"

They chuckle and flit to my side

" Well if it isn't young Violet its a pleasure to see you again." Stephan stated as he gave me a hug.

" How long has it been Violet? Nearly forty years?" Vlad stated giving me a hug as the Wolves entered the clearing.

" Woe there wolfy, easy there these guys are here to help us aren't you Vlad? Steph?"

" Why yes it's about time someone challenged these Italian scum."

" Wait a moment we are not trying to challenge them, we are nearly gathering witnesses." Carlisle inputs

Vlad counters, " You gather witnesses to prove you're innocents, It matters not to the Volturi especially since you have so many gifted here. They will kill you all and spare the talents."

" This is why I detest them so much, especially with Demetri seeking me as his mate, they will not stop this time." I heard a growl come from Garrett as he wrapped his arms around me.

" Oh who is this little Violet?"

" Oh Steph, Vlad, This is my mate Garrett. Garrett this is Stephan and Vladimir from the Romanian Coven."