Werewolf House Party

Chapter Twenty-Six

"Thank you all for coming. It means more to me than I can tell you," Kieran was addressing everyone in the church. "We gather today for the first public service of our newly reopened church. St. Anne's can finally once again be the heart of our community, where we can congregate as a people united."

I sat next on the right side of Klaus, holding his hand that he had resting on my baby bump. Marcel was on the other side of said original. I looked at Klaus and he turned his head to me. I smiled and leaned in for a small kiss. "Here, this hour, we come together to praise God and give thanks," Kieran continued.

Klaus pecked my nose making me giggled quietly. He smiled kindly at me before looking at Marcel who was looking kind of towards us. I turned to see Cami looking in our direction. I gave her a small wave, smiling sweetly and she smile back hesitantly. Klaus turned to Marcel who looked at him for a moment before his eyes darted over Klaus' shoulder. He began sitting up trying to move and I furrowed my eyebrows looking back at Kieran as he continued his speech, "The events that took place at out church were tragic."

"Problem?" Klaus asked Marcel quietly.

"No," Marcel answered.

"Then pay attention," Klaus ordered and I held back a giggle. He'd be an amazing father. Strict no doubt but amazing. "We're meant to seem like devoted parishioners."

"And it is that hope in our hearts and with the help of many benefators that allows us to be here today. So we gather with renewed spirit made stronger, committed to the ideals of peace and love. Amen," Kieran summed it up.

"Amen," we all chorused. I looked down at my baby bump, thinking about one day bringing our little baby to church very often. I used to go kind of often growing up with my parents, cause they were so involved with our town.

Moments later Klaus led the way for us all to leave. "Lovely sermon this morning, father. Quite inspirational," Klaus complimented as we found Kieran outside.

"I wasn't expecting you to join us," Kieran said.

"Oh, we were hoping for some word from your human sources on the recent haitian invasion."

"My guys have their ears to the ground. And no one has seen or heard any sign of whatever his name is."

"He's called Papa Tunde," Marcel informed. "And right now he's wandering the quarter with the bower he absorbed from every sould I had buried in the garden. So you might want to put your ear a little closer to the ground."

"Or I could steer clear of whatever war is brewing between your kind and his before I find myself in--"

"I wanted to congratulate you on getting the church up and running," Cami interrupted the conversation, grabbing her uncles hand and shaking it. "I can see this is a bad time. Nice to see you, Marcel. And you look lovely, Allison."

"Thanks, you look gorgeous as usual," I complimented back before she took off, shooting me a small smile on her way.

"Cami," Kieran called but she kept walking.

"Well, don't look at me. I tried to send her away," Klaus said and I snorted. Then his phone began ringing and he pulled me to the side with him. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his waist while he answered the phone call. "Yes, Diego, what do you have for me?" Klaus answered. "...Would you care to elaborate? Marcel."

"Father," Marcel nodded and I let go of Klaus who grabbed my hand and we took off.

"So what's going on?" I asked Klaus once we were in the truck.