Feast of Blessings

Chapter Thirty-One

"You're up early. After the night we had I expected you to sleep in," I yawned, waking up.

"Yes, well, morning sun offers the best light," Klaus replied, standing in front of his easel. I chuckled and began to sit up in the bed. "Hold still. I'm almost finished."

"Hurry, baby," I pouted. He had a small easel and a little table for his painting stuff. The rest of his stuff remained in his study, which was now his art room really.

"And...done, love," he said a moment later. I got out of bed, wrapping myself in the silk sheets and he picked up the painting, turning it to face me. I grinned, seeing my sleeping figure. I wrapped an arm around his neck, pecking his lips.

"It's glorious, baby," I complimented, kissing his lips again. "And thanks for keeping me covered." It was a painting of me in bed from moments before, you could tell I was naked but nothing was shown. It was sexy and nearly modest at the same time.

"Of course," he smirked. I looked at the door, it was shut and locked. I smiled and dropped the sheet before heading for the bathroom. "God, that waddle is so sexy."

"Shut up!" I laughed. He followed me into the bathroom and started running a shower for us both. We both hopped in after he took off his sweatpants and boxers. We spent a long time, bathing each other and kissing all over. It was intimate and sweet. It was perfect really.

***

"Enough with all the racket!" Klaus shouted as we left our bedroom. We over looked the compound where people were drilling with Elijah overseeing the work.

"Is there a problem, brother?" Elijah asked. "Gentlemen, please." And the drilling ceased.

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody 3-ring circus," Klaus said, holding my hand and leading me down the stairs.

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not.'

"I agree with your brother," I told Klaus. "It's a new era in the french quarter. This place could use a makeover. One baby friendly and way girlier."

"There you go, Elijah," Klaus said. I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Morning, Mikaelsons," we all turned to see the witch, Genevieve. I held back a groan, working on controlling my emotions to stop with my little angry fits that keep coming up.

"Morning," Klaus greeted. She smiled seductively at him and I tugged him closer. His eyes landing on my angry brown ones. He smiled and kissed me softly.

"I have a request. I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change," Genevieve told Elijah her plans.

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" Elijah asked her.

"The Fete Des Benedictions," she said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I didn't know what she said and I had no idea what feast days were. Klaus on the otherhand poured himself a drink and was chuckling next to me. "Feast of blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young harvest girls to society."

My attention caught at that. Harvest girls. Davina. I haven't seen her since she's been back. I took a liking to her. She was young and being taken advantage of. I didn't like Genevieve and could only imagine what Davina must be going through with this screwed up coven of witches, who were previously angry at her if they aren't still, now. "So your coven attempted to destroy my family and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment. And you would like a party for the witches."